1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by killalot, Jan 26, 2007.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

Quick question is the only way to mod an Xbox 360 is to flash the DVD rom drive? So first open the Xbox find out which drive it has Samsung Hitachi etc go looking for the correct firmware hook it up to the computer then follow some nice guys tutorial
    Got my son 1 for Xmas thinking of moding it starting to loose interest his original Xbox just put solder less chip in bobs your uncle job done been working perfect for 4 years or so read one guys tutorial says need to buy sata card etc can’t you use my sata on my computers motherboard any one shed some light on the matter much appreciated cant you just change the drive in the Xbox already flashed? I.e. buy one

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You should be able to use your SATA ports on your Motherboard. The SATA Card is for people that don't have SATA in their PC, and this is the only way to do it. Flashing the Firmware is not the only way to mod your 360. If you know how to Solder, you can buy a chip for the 360, but I think the Firmware Hack is a whole lot easier. I'm waiting at the moment for my SATA Card to arrive, and will be Flashing my Firmware. You can check out 360 Mods, they have many tutorials, if you ever need help.

3. killalot

killalot Active member

Cheers for the reply looks like ill go the firmware way can you back up the firmware before you flash it? only just brought my son the Xbox so think ill leave it for a couple of months only wanted to do it so I can back up his games I mean £40+ a game for the sake of backing the game up on a disk costing 50 pence ill read a bit more about it first and cheers for the link.

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Anytime man! Hope it works out for ya!