1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ronizzle, Apr 7, 2007.

1. ronizzle

ronizzle Member

Hi all,

I've read a bunch of threads, and while I'm a newbie I think I should be able to handle flashing a PSP for some homebrew loving. I have a quick question though. I don't yet have a PSP so I need to get my hands on one. For homebrew use, should I go buy one of those new core packs or should I buy a used one? I've read that you can downgrade the TA-082 motherboards, but I'm still a bit confused about which one I should buy.

Thanks in advance for your help with a stupid newbie question!

2. pspcrazy2

pspcrazy2 Regular member

you could buy either one, but just check the side of the box tc make sure its not over 3.03

3. ronizzle

ronizzle Member

It says on the side of the box what firmware is installed? That's pretty handy. What version should I aim for?

4. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

well i doesnt matter really what you buy. if you are willing to use something that has been used before, then go with the used. remember anything that has been used will tear up so be careful. the only thing that matters is the psp's firmware. all firmware to 3.03 can be downgraded. 3.10-3.11-3.30 can not be downgraded yet. the lower the firmware, the easier the downgrade.