1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ivrin, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ivrin

ivrin Member

I'm aware that in order to boot backups of PS2 games, you generally need some kind of hardware mod. But in order to simply load AR Max saves onto a hard memory card, and then play them with the original disk, is it possible to do the task without hardware mods, preferably for free/peanuts?

Thanks.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

easiest way would be to get an AR Max set up to do that, like the one wth the USB flash drive.
    Like gettingthe Max Drive which is $40
    there may also be a cord out there that plugs into the USB port of your PC and has the memory card slot on the other end. I know that is what i have with my Xbox version.
    another possibility is connecting your PS2 to the internet on your computer as some AR Max versions can download that stuff right to the PS2 memory card, i think the EVO edition can

3. schweet

schweet Guest

When I used an AR max I just hooked my PS2 to the net via ethernet-to-modem and downloaded saves to my mem card.

Make sure you get NTSC saves for NTSC games and vice-versa for PAL.

Note: I never cheat. I only used AR Max once to recover a few saved games when I knocked my PS2 off it's stand and broke my mem card in half. That was a fun day. Totally my fault though as I was drunk and being an idiot with friends.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007