1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Subtitles question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by robnyt, Jan 23, 2005.

1. robnyt

robnyt Member

Used DVD Decrypter (rip and burn) and DVD Shrink (transcoding) combo to back up Spiderman 2 and was 98% successful. Only thing that didn't work was subtitles. Did the above again and am now at DVD Shrink final page. Ticked all "English" Subpicture options which I DIDN'T do the first time so that should help (right?). However, two differnt DVD Shrink Edit/Preferences guides offer different thoughts on:

[bold]PREFERENCES[/bold]
    "Hide audio and subpicture streams of insignificant size"

[bold]PREVIEW[/bold]
    "Select DirectX video renderer" VMR-9 or System Default Renderer (note: used default and worked fine)

[bold]STREAM SELECTIONS[/bold]
    "Audio language and coding type" English. AC3 or AC3 or LPCM

"Disable all subpicture except menus and forced streams"

[bold]FILE I/O[/bold]
    "Read 32KB blocks (default is 64kb).

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

What exactly didn't work with the subtitles?

3. robnyt

robnyt Member

2 things. There's a Special Feature that when selected should've shown trivia. Clicked the "ON" option, but wouldn't work. Then to see if the subtitles were working, clicked the French language option and they didn't come up either. Ditto for Spanish.

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

hmmm... I may have to play with this one a bit. I never noticed the trivia part. I do need to make a copy for the kids to use in their room so it seems that now would be an excellent time. What exactly did you have checked and unchecked in your attempt? And I'm guessing you did a full disc backup and not reauthor?

5. robnyt

robnyt Member

[bold]I never noticed the trivia part.[/bold]
    ***It's called "Spidey Sense 2"

[bold]What exactly did you have checked and unchecked in your attempt?[/bold]
    ***Think I used the settings on this site. http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvdshrink31-main.htm.
    Another (typed in address but wouldn't come up) gives opposite advice on the settings I listed earlier.

[bold]And I'm guessing you did a full disc backup and not reauthor?[/bold]
    ***Exactly.

Thanks for your help.