1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick xbox question

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ceja_11, Jan 27, 2004.

1. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

Can you still Ftp tp your xbox with out a chip and make a backup of a game?

thanks for the help

Cheers!

2. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Yes if you have a exploit installed on your xbox..

Matt

4. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

Sorry but what is (exploit)..

5. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

A software program (hack) that enables you to load a dashboard onto your XBOX and allow FTP'ing to your XBOX. There are alot of different ways to do this currently.. I installed one just the other night on a friends XBOX. There is alot involved if you havent messed with this sort of thing and new to this type of stuff so I would reccomend reading ALOT if you are going to attempt this. One method involves opening your XBOX and soldering 2 points together. There are also several other ways but you need a memory card and someone with a modded XBOX or a game save manager.. Then you must sign all backed up games with a "digital signature" to play them. Like I said there is alot to this and you need to read up on it. The best way to do what I think you are wanting to do is just go buy a modchip. You will save alot of time and headaches. You asked if it was possible and the answer is yes.. Hope this helps you out

Matt

6. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

Ok i have a new question guys i managed to run evox on the xbox HDD, now how would i get my old xbox menu back, when i turn the chip off it gives me a message , it says that my xbox needs amediate service, any ideas guys?

thanks

7. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

what bios did you use to flash the chip with?

8. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

sorry if this is stupid, i dont think i flashed bios, i just installed evox into the xbox HDD C: folder. But if i want the menu back i could just delete evox from the xbox HDD C: folder right?

9. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

you would have had to flash the chip. if not you wouldn't be able to get Evox There in the first place.

10. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

OK what i did used flashfxp, to transfer some evox files in there, but then it gave me an error because it failed to transfer one file, but then i read this post it said to go into your network places, and ftp threw there, and i did and managed to transfer the files through there.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2004
  11. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Sounds like whoever installed evo-x must have deleted your orignal dashboard or renamed it, because when you disable your chip it should look for your original dashboard XBOXDASH.XBE.. Ftp to your C: and see if that file is there.. Also have you tried loading the original dash through the EVO-X "MSdashboard" option yet?

Matt

Last edited: Jan 31, 2004
  12. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

ok guys i finally got it to work perfect now. Now does any one know if theres instructions in spanish i'm trying to direct this guy that only reads spanish. if any one know where i can find the evox instruction in spanish or a website that would really help.

thanks