1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quicken Backup

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by zehava, Sep 28, 2004.

1. zehava

zehava Member

I have a Quickenw 2000 program that was installed on my new XP. I have my files listed by the year. 1991, 2000, 2004,etc. I used to backup once a week in case I crashed. Problem: Microsoft tells me to do as I always did, that is, click on backup in quicken and then click the present file (it is supposed to show the file but it doesn't)then click the drive the cd is in. I click D:,which is a combo and the computer says it can't find the file and file not backed up. Cannot use Nero because it backsup every file. I tried another way in quicken and it also backup the entire files. Then I cannot delete the files on the cd because they are "read only".

How can I back up 1 file and how can I delete a backup from a backed up disc, or in "these files are ready to write".
    Thanks
    Von

2. malcolmk

malcolmk Member

I am having a similar problem, except that the backup to a CDRW was working fine (under XP Professional)until I decided to install a new DVD/CD RW drive. This came with Nero, whereas before I was using Roxio (CD Creater, DirectCD, etc. Now I can not back up to the CDRW - same response as you report - "can not read drive F" (in my case it's F).

I had de-installed Roxio because I thought there might be a conflict between it and Nero for handling CD writing, but even when I re-installed it, Quicken Backup still could not recognize the RW drive.

The only solution I have come up with, until I can find out if there really is an easier one, is to backup to a BACKUP file in the Quicken directory, then use Nero to create a data disk, for which purpose i "add" the contents of the BACKUP Quicken file. It's a two step process and much more time consuming and tedious than the previous simple, rapid DirectCD backup straight out of Quicken, but at least it works.

Let's hope someone else can shed some light on this problem.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

use rewriteable cds, than you can copy & paste any file to your hearts delight both onto & off the cdrw, i've got customers doing that