1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quicktime/flash errors

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by snowbhord, Feb 8, 2007.

1. snowbhord

snowbhord Member

ok i know this is complicated but any help would be great

Anyway, i have this flash video .fla file made in mx 2004. i want to get this in to .mov. when i publish it for the output file to be .mov i get an error. when i did that i had the newest quicktime installed. i searched google, i came across that quicktime 7.1.3 (which i have) changes where the flash codecs are located. so Flash thinks the needed file (flv.qtx) is in one folder, while it is not. there is no flv.qtx file on my computer. so, i downloaded quicktime 6.5 and i then attempted to to publish it in .mov and then it worked.. yay!... not quite. the file will play just fine in 6.5 but wont play at all in 7.1.3 quicktime... big wtf... so then i downloaded about 4 different programs that said they could convert .swf into .avi/mpeg etc. from there i hoped to convert that into .mov. 3 programs said i didnt have a proper codec for the .swf file while 1, winavi was able to convert, but the files were really bad quality and with no audio at all.

so i guess what im asking is what to do from here. does anyone know why it would play on quicktime 6.5 not on the newest version or any way to fix it? anyway to get the .mov in general?? by the way i really need help because its a video for a contest at my school and the winner gets $1000 cash. thanks

2. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

lol quicktime. u can try this. uninstall quicktime then go to google an search for quicktime alternative. it's pretty much the same thing as quicktime but less buggy an doesnt have any spyware it doesnt crash as much etc.