1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quicktime MP4 to Mpeg-2 dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by negatyve, Sep 11, 2004.

1. negatyve

negatyve Member

My friend sent me a vid of our spring break vacation in Quicktime's 3ivx mp4 format. I am pretty good with transcoding video, but I don't know what to do in this instance. I tried using tmpgenc and I keep getting an error durring the transcoding. Is there a better method? I have Quicktime pro but I can't figure out how to export it to another format (exporting it to ANYTHING would be great...just to get it out of this qt mp4). Also the file is 23.97fps and I know most dvd's are 29.97fps...would that make a difference? Would transcoding the film make it jumpy? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I can't find any info on this prob via google or searching these forums.

2. negatyve

negatyve Member

Can anyone help me out? Since I first posted this thread, I've tried both tmpgenc xpress & winavi (the most recent releases of both) only to get read errors within the first 1%. Perhaps the file is currupt? It's a quicktime .mov using 3ivx mp4 video compression.

Are there any utilities that would analyze the file for errors and possibly repair it? This is very important to me, any help is greatly appreciated!

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest