1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quicktime stream without quicktime?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by MrTreats, Feb 6, 2007.

1. MrTreats

MrTreats Guest

Ok i was thinking i used to be able to do this but now i just cant i hate apple and want to be able to watch the HD trailers off yahoo without there programs and cant do so unless i figure out how to get another program to accept the streams anyone able to help me?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2007
  2. MrTreats

MrTreats Guest

/bump have to know its realy important apple will kill my PC

3. bryantvic

bryantvic Guest

I'm afraid the answer is not.
    I hate apple too, but i love its product.lol

4. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

i have the perfect solution!! its called quicktime alternative. its the same thing as craptime except it doesn't have any spyware or any of that other useless junk. i hate mac/apple too

5. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Just some food for thought: Quicktime (as well as Quicktime Alternative) has a severe, unpatched (for Windows users, unless you jump through a lot of hoops) security flaw which apparently is being actively exploited.
    Although it actually is patched, apparently Apple has intentially made it difficult for Windows users of Quicktime to obtain the patched version, while making the fixed version freely available for the Mac. In other words, Apple is intentionially exposing Windows users to security threats in order to screw their competition. Think about this crap next time you download from iTunes or buy an Apple product.

http://secunia.com/blog/7/
    http://secunia.com/advisories/23540/

6. Chroma45

Chroma45 Regular member

K-Lite Codec pack has a Quicktime codec and you can use Windows Media Player Classic.

7. MrTreats

MrTreats Guest

Yeah that would be great if it worked thats what i had installed but it would not grab the file and play i tryed i have to install the apple crap to play them
    :(