1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quicktime to dvd converters

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Shado36, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I am looking for a easy program that will convert cd's burn't using quicktime onto dvd's so that they can be played in a normal dvd player. Anyone any ideas please?

2. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

If you are using Quicktime, I will presume you also have a Mac (though QT is now also available for Windows viewers). Your best bet is to use Toast 8, which has a specific feature for recording 50 hours of CDs on to one DVD, with thumbnails on your TV screen for choosing a specific CD to be played.
    Trouble is, do you have/what file format have you got all these CDs saved to your Harddrive or external storage (as). If the files have not been saved to computer before or after burning, you would need to make a disk image (using Toast) for each file (CD) and save it/them until you have all that you want on the DVD, before you burn it.

3. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Thanks for the post but no I do not have a Mac although I prefer a quater pounder with cheese (sorry!!) No I have a normal pc, the disc's belong to a fellow worker who asked me if I could help him. He has a Dell not a Mac user either.

4. iphonexu

iphonexu Guest

*spam removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2007
  5. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

Are you sure this is the way to go?? He may be using a "CD", but this isn't a video CD, and the files on the CD will be audio, not video files as inputed by the software you suggest. I looked up the specs for this software and couldn't find any mention of dealing with audio files of the non-video related kind; or the specific setting for creating a DVD-audio file.
    I think the ball is still in play with this one - no home run yet!