1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r button broke again -_-

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by DDRgod922, Jan 24, 2008.

1. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

on my old black ds lite that was about eh 8-10 months old i was experience some problems with my r and l buttons randomly not working but would work every once in awhile. i wanted the limited edition zelda ds so instead of trying to fix my old ds lite i just got a zelda ds lite. its about 1-2 months old now and the r button is malfunctioning -_- it works only if u press it a certain way with more pressure. do u think it might be the r4ds fking it up? any1 else had this problem?

2. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Are you putting extra stress on the shoulder button? Even when its stored? Cause if its in a tight place the shoulder can get great amounts of pressure put on them. Are you pressing too hard?

3. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

no, i havent even been using my r button too much recently for the games that ive been playing. also i keep in on the top of my dresser for recharging so its not like i put it in tight places. also just realized something else though, the top screen is very slightly tinted blue. i compared it head to head with my old black ds lite.

4. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

That seems really strange. I remember that happening to CRT screens with magnets but that isn't the case with TFT LCD screens. I don't know what that could be. Maybe you are the unlucky guy with 2 defective units in a row? Contact Nintendo.

5. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

my old black ds lite was almost a year old and was dropped many times, even on the streets and driveways a few times (im surprised it lasted that long lol) but they dont make gold ds lites any more so its not like i can get another 1

6. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

maybe theres something wrong in the inside, like the springs loose or something that causes it to not respond correctly. i have an old silver ds from the release of it, which is like a few years, and it works fine for me.

7. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

ill try looking inside...once i get a small enough screw driver -_- dont have any small enough atm