1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r button + home button/menu problem

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by ilovetoot, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ilovetoot

ilovetoot Member

EDIT: wrong thread title sorry! i meant "HOME button menu problem"

ok, so the main problem is that i cant get back to the main menu of the psp using the HOME button.. cuz for some reason, when i press the HOME button, the controls are still inputted in the game, and not on the HOME button menu.. which means i cant use the d-pad to answer "Yes" when the menu asks me if i want to go back to the psp main menu.. so can anyone help me here? i hope that was clear enough, thanks!

oh, and my R button is stuck, not the hardware, but it's like it's programmed to be pressed all the time.. so i cant really play games that needs to use the R button.. help also.. thanks again!

psp is fat 3.71 m33-4

EDIT: it may have been a cause of my updgrading from 3.40 OE-A to 3.71 m33-4.. or could it have been from an iso of loco roco? cuz i was playing the game when this started..

EDIT: seems like i've found the cause of my problem.. cause - broken(?)/loose R button..

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  2. coolguy14

coolguy14 Member

Maybe your d-pad is the problem, try taking off your faceplate and clean under the d-pad

3. ilovetoot

ilovetoot Member

nope, all buttons work perfectly fine (except for R button) when playing games.. thanks for trying to help! :D

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

ilovetoot,

Forum rules ask that you post only ONE thread per question. There's a link to the forum rules in my sig ;)

5. ilovetoot

ilovetoot Member

yeah sorry for that, but it's just they are a bit different, this one here's to ask if someone knows a general way to fix this.. while the other one asks if it is caused by a custom firmware glitch or something like that and well ask for help also.. sorry, if you have to lock one please lock the other one.. thanks..