1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.C.E. protected??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by avina612, Mar 3, 2005.

1. avina612

avina612 Member

I made a back up of a DVD and it said it was RCE protected and I had to correectly specify the region for which this DVD was intended and DVD shrink will remove RCE protection. I choose USA, Canada (all one choice) and it will not copy. I did it again and choose West Europe, Japan, South Africa (all one choice), and it would copy, but would not play. It said it was not intended for this region. There are 3 more regions to choose, from. I have DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. What do I do? Do I need a new DVD backup? Help

2. olamite

olamite Regular member

with dvd shrink you (should) be ok,it even gives me a region free option,keep trying with shrink,i get those errors sometimes too,but it usually ends up working.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try running AnyDVD in the background.. You can download a free trial for 21 days. It will make Shrink believe there is no region or encryption on the disk.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I get that message once in a great while,when i start the dvd backup process. I just ignore it and click out of it and resume my process.

If you are changing to different regions on the beginning of the backup process, you may be switching the regions on your dvd-rom drive. Most dvd-rom/rw drives can only be switched around 4 or 5 times. Once you used them up,you are stuck on that region.

I wasn't clear on when you were getting that region message.

USA/Canada are region 1. If you are from region 1, then the players you buy here are region 1.
    You want the backup options settings in dvd shrink set to region free.Region free will allow you to play those backups anywhere in the world.

Just post back if I misunderstood your question.

5. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

Be careful how many times you change your region code...it will lock after 5 changes...