1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

+R or -R Which do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by mini_mod, Mar 16, 2005.

1. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

Myself I prefer useing +R media for the simple fact that since I began backing up my DVD collection I have not had a single coaster or any problems what so ever. Perhaps its because I am patient and would rather have a quality backup, which is why I burn at 2.5x on Memorex 8x 4.7gb discs.

What about you??

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

First off, you posted this question in the wrong forum.

Second, there are tons of threads in the [bold]dvd R media forum[/bold] that cover this question.

Third, if you search that forum for suggestions on media, you will notice memorex is not the most dependable media.(check to see why)

Fourth, if you are having luck with +R, no need to try -R.(if your burner supports bitsetting, you can change the booktype on +R media to DVD-Rom for even more compatibility)

Last, the speed I think you meant you are burning at is 2.4x. This is good because it will help give you less errors during the burning process.

Hope you check that forum out. It contains lots of great info on media.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/47

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  3. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

Your choice of blank media is quite expensive, in addition to what the previous person posted. There are a number of less expensive and better quality blank media's to choose from. There's a wonderful site at Shop4Tech which offers DVD+R at 2.4x and 4x speed. I use Sonic 4x speed, which I've found to be much more inexpensive, highly reliable and error free to date. There are others such as Verbatim, Ritek to name a few. I love JVC electronics but I buy PhillipsMagnovox. I get the same quality, features, bells/whistles for a lot less money! Get the picture. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

I like to burn my Memorex at 12x they make great coasters for my Beer!