1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R-Type Final hidden ship with DNA looking laser Beam?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Games' started by retroborg, Sep 13, 2007.

1. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

I haven’t played R-Type Final for quite some time now, as I lost interest after having unlocked more than half of the hidden ships, but recently I saw this screen shot that intrigued my interest again.

This ship with the cool DNA looking laser, I was wondering what’s the name of the ship and exactly what events have to take place to unlock it?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

2. Ciel

Ciel Member

I'm pretty sure that's the R-9A3 "Lady Love."
    You have to unlock the ship by placing in a password in the R Museum.

The location of the ship is #3, which is next at the top left. If it says you need battle expierience, you just play through a level for a few minutes or so, but you would need a password.

The password is 5270 0725 in the US version of the game. :)

3. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

I have the Euro PAL version of R-Type Final, will the pass code 5270 0725 work?

Thanks in advance.

4. Ciel

Ciel Member

I'm sure it should. :)
    If not, you can try the other passwords. ;)

5. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

So, I managed to complete R-Type Final (Euro PAL).
    I played through all 5 variations of level 2, unlocked level 3.5, completed all 3 versions of level 6 which lead to the 3 alternative Bosses & endings and unlocked 22/99 ships (Including Lady Love ship).

But all 3 three endings are minimal.

1. After you beat the Bydo Boss in Stage F-A, it just shows your ship in a rotating camera inside a dark brown tunnel while the credits roll down.

2. Once you defeat R-9A Arrowhead Boss in Stage F-A, it only shows your ship flying away.

3. And finally after you complete Stage F-C ”Wherever”, it just says welcome to the 26th century!

I don't understand, was the pilot supposed to have traveled back in time from the 26th to the 22nd century to fight off the Bydo?
    Weird and poorly scripted storyline!

Where is my cool FMV ending and nicely orchestrated epic music?
    This is supposed to be their last game after all!

6. Killer5

Killer5 Member

total confushon how do u beat the finul boss

7. Killer5

Killer5 Member

and how do u enter the cheat for the ships

8. Ciel

Ciel Member

Retroborg, I believe you don't see the "true" ending until you beat the game with the R-99/R-100/R-101. But then I tried but never really got the ending as well. But then, R-Type Final isn't the last as there is one for the PSP as well. If you played the Japanese version, you'll get a nicer ending than the European or American version. :(

Killer5, in order to defeat the Final boss, you notice that your force unit glows. Just toss your force and shoot it with a charge shot. Then you dodge all the force units that come at you and charge. If you let go, you have to start charging all over again. Once it's full, then you can fire or something. The final boss was a bit too easy .. :(

9. Killer5

Killer5 Member

o ty but still how do u put cheats in

10. Ciel

Ciel Member

To put in a cheat, you have to hold L2. Then you press whatever buttons you need to press. When you press all the buttons required for a code, there should be a "ding" and you can let go of L2. I recommend turning the joystick sideways so you can hold L2 easily or something if you have the NTSC-U version of R-Type Final since simply you have to press L1 for the invincibility.