1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R300

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by zulu67, Feb 15, 2005.

1. zulu67

zulu67 Member

Hi you guys,
    Have read a lot about your 200/800 Epson printers re the Print CD and your probs. Can you help me please? I have the R300 for just over a week. When I place the CD into the holder and then into the printer, click on print from within the Epson Print CD I repeatedly get the message " CD/DVD Guide Open" and I just don't get anywhere. I own a Mac G4 using macosx. What difference should that make. If you are familiar with the R300, it shows the trays 1 & 2. Tray 2 is always available but not one. Any help and advice would be welcome. Thanks.

2. 222333444

222333444 Member

It sounds like you are doing it right because both trays are suppose to be open. You just align the arrows on your DVD tray with the arrows on the printer when you push it in. Make sure your printer isn't to close to a wall in the back as the tray needs plenty of room. Sometimes there is a glitch and you have to cancel the printer job etc. Maybe you should take it back.

3. zulu67

zulu67 Member

Hi
    Thanks for your reply but not helping. Sorry.. This is the reply from Epson:
    When printing from the EPSON PrintCD you need to change the media type in the printer driver to CD/DVD, not changing this can cause errors when printing.
    I just don't see CD/DVD mentioned anywhere. Within the print media all I can choose is Epson Print CD but that is no help either, I'm just told that the CD/DVD tray is opened!! Could it be because I'm using macosx?? Thanks

4. Rsoxfan

Rsoxfan Guest

I have the r200 alost the samething, I have made 50+ covers and this samething has happened to me. First I have never had to select cd as a media type when printing from the epson cover maker program. when this has heppened to me I cancel the print job shut the cd door thing, and power off the printer. I then simply turn it back on give it a minute or two to set itself. once set, I reopen the cd door thing load the try (make sure arrows meet) and select print in the program again. I hope this helps.

5. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

I'm not home now so I can't give you specific details but I think the option to select cd/dvd doesn't appear unless you select "manual/sheet feed" or something similar. Poke around the various settings and you should be able to figure it out. I'll check when I get home later this afternoon and post again with better info.

DF

6. 222333444

222333444 Member

I would try removing and then re-installing the softwear. Use the default settings. If that doesn't work take it back. I use a R-200.

7. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

OK, I was a little off in my previous post. If you click on "Printer Settings" in the initial print dialog box, you'll see a section titled "Paper". In this section, set "Source:" to Manual and then you'll be able to set "Media Type:" to CD/DVD.

Hope this helps,

DF

8. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

Ok try this ..... from your first print dialog box click on the Properties button.

[​IMG]

then check your setting as seen bellow.

[​IMG]

cheers....

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  9. zulu67

zulu67 Member

Hi Guys
    Many many thanks to you all for the help and advice I was offered. I am very grateful. It's nice to think that there are helpful folk out there.
    "Dumbfuker" was in fact the nearest. I played around with all kinds of settings and suddenly came across the 'window' I needed. I thought it was just a matter of placing in the CD, tell the silly printer to print and that was it. However, see what thought did. Bassnut. Thanks for for the layouts but mine on the mac was completely different but again helped. I'm over the moon. Thanks again.

10. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

I plan on buying the printer to. Will i have to remember to change these settings or is it just a mess up that occured. I do not plan to buy it until about a month from now and was wondering if i have to do the same tasks that were explained. Also out of everyone here that has the rs200 which is the one i plan to get how is the quality of the printer? And if i am just printing on dvds would i need to goto a rs300? Would quality matter in this case or is it just the extra card slots on the rs 300 that make it different from the rs200.

Thanks to all ..im glad to of finally found a place that really helps out others. Seriously thanks to all that take the time to sit here and help whenthey could just simply say why bother with it.

11. 222333444

222333444 Member

The Stylus Photo R200 is plenty good enough. No one has complained about it. I think it uses the same ink and has the same printing specs. as the R300. The R200 is only $100.

12. eric545

eric545 Regular member

zulu67

I have the same printer and have learned from experience that before you open the door for the cd/dvd slide tray, you must turn on the printer and wait until the information about the type paper appears in the small monitor. If you wait until then, then open the door and slide in the tray with the dvd, you will find that you don't get those open door errors. One other thing that I have learned is to make sure that there is at least 4 or 5 inches of empty space behind the printer or that will give you another error. The last advice, when placing the dvd picture on the dvd using the Epson software, use the background feature instead of the import/insert feature and you will have better results with lining up a dvd picture so that it fits correctly on the dvd.