1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 CARD WIPED CLEAN??

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by nugget33, May 5, 2014.

1. nugget33

nugget33 Newbie

Hi,
    totally new at this but i bought 4 r4i sdhc dual core cards..

when i checked them out, they may be fakes...

i went to the proper webssite and downloaded the files for the micro sd card, and when i used it in the DS, initially it registered spongebob, but wouldnt' load and show me all my games...then i think i pressed A, and then it wouldnt register that there was a card in there at all....
    so i grabbed another R4 card and tried that...did the same thing and this one says error, and to restart DS, but i never get anywhere.

I emailed the guy and he sent me a link to the software, which was nothing like the software on the proper site for the card.
    i deleted the files i had downloaded from the site from the micro sd and put the new files on he sent me which had a patch and Ds_menu_dat file

anyways once i put those 2 files on the micro sd, it worked fine with the other 2 r4 cards i had...no problems at all...

but the micro sd would still not do anything with the first 2 R4 cards that i had installed the wrong files onto.

there can't be anything wrong with the microsd card, as it works fine in the other 2 R4 cards..

so i am wondering if the R4 card itself has been erased?

does anyone know how i can fix these 2 cards?

microsd works fine in the other 2 r4 cards, just not the first 2

hope this makes sense....any help would be great...

2. brandon3

brandon3 Newbie

so do you mean you have 4 r4i sdhc dual core cards like this one: http://www.r4depot.com/11-r4i-sdhc-dual-core-flashcart-for-2ds-3ds-xl-3ds-dsi-ds-lite.html and 2 of them can work and 2 can not.

So have your format your sd card before put the new firmware the guys give you , usually it is because this problem and the latest firmware of r4i sdhc dual core is v3.4b and after you extract the zip file ,it should like the pics below
    [​IMG]

And if you need, i usually download my latest firmware from here: http://www.3dsinfo.com/show.php?id=183, hope to help you.

3. nugget33

nugget33 Newbie

hi
    Thanks for your response...

2 of the r4 cards do not work after putting the firmware that you put the picture of.

That is the initial software i put on the sd card..it made the r4 cards no longer work, which is why i think they are either older cards or fake with a new sticker.

the software he sent me made the other 2 cards work, but not the ones that i tried with the moonshl2 software

The problem is the r4 cards, as i used the same sd card in all 4 r4 cards, and the inital 2 don't work but the other 2 do.

i think the data on the r4 card was corrupted, the sd card is fine as it works in the other r4 cards.

i just don't know if i can fix the r4 cards themselves?

4. brandon3

brandon3 Newbie

You are right, yeah,seems the problem is the r4 cards, as you used the same sd card in all 4 r4 cards.

And what error message show on the screen when you insert your 2 r4 card, "Loading" or white screen? or other message

if can not be solved ,maybe you should ask the guys to change the two cards for you.

5. nugget33

nugget33 Newbie

Hi, i am not able to return the cards...it is the card thats a problem as the ds does not recognize it after i downloaded the wrong software...sd card is fine and it works in the other 2 cards after i got the correct software.

just wanted to know if anyone knows how to fix the r4 cards themselves

6. nugget33

nugget33 Newbie

I have the correct software for the r4 cards now, and 2 work, but the 2 i had the wrong software on made the r4 cards not work. sd card is fine and works

i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the r4 cards as they no longer work