1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 DS Help (Please!)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Chriso298, Nov 8, 2007.

1. johnooo

johnooo Regular member

You also needs to add a folder Called GAMES and you put the roms in there.

2. 2879ph

2879ph Member

ok thanks one more thing do i drag the games to english 1.12 or do i click on english 1.12 to bring up the four files and then drag the games over

3. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

No. As previously stated, create a New Folder and name it whatever you like--this is where you put your ROMs. Another thing, take out those four files (contents of english 1.12 folder) out of the folder and put them on the root directory. This means that when you open your memory card on My Computer they're right there. I'm trying to explain it as simple as I can. Hopefully, you get it going.

4. gs07

gs07 Member

hya

i need a bit of help i have for the ds,i have this thing i bought from the shop and it is a ds game rom which has a memcard, i put a game on the mem card and tried to play it on the ds and it come up a white screen, what should i use, should i use ds revolution 4 or something else.

5. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

gs07,
    What do you mean by it is a ds game rom which has a memcard?
    Is this a flash cart?

6. gala5

gala5 Member

Quick question on the R4 1.12 software downloaded from the R4 site.
    The zip file contains MANY files - do you load them all into the R4?
    My apologies if this is a dumb question. I thought I was just supposed to load the system, moonshl,ds-menu.dat and ds-mshl.nds files.
    But there are 4 files named 'system': system.ank, system.fon, system.l2u, and system.txt
    Plus moonshl is a moonshl.ini - is this correct?
    I need a swift kick in the right direction
    Thanks!

7. gala5

gala5 Member

hahaha
    Never mind. I extracted the files incorrectly and had wiped out the directory structure.
    It's all good now.

Anyone have a preference on where to buy the R4? VolumeRate or ModchipCentral?
    Is VolumeRate legit?

8. gs07

gs07 Member

im nt sure i bought it from argos it called games and music, ive been looking on the internet and found a m3d ds could u please tell me if this is the right thing or do i need something else

9. Ashish13

Ashish13 Member

Hi what are all of the files on the r4 when u get it to make it work, please e-mail at jainashish22@msn.com cause i have the sytem file , the moonshell fille, ds menu. dat, but its not working what file am i missing.

10. sayonara

sayonara Member

i just got my R4, but it's not working....it just shows me a black screen with "Loading..." it's not doing anything else....

11. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Download the latest R4 firmware here . When you open the folder, it's going to contain the following: system_ (folder); moonshl (folder); _DS_MENU.DAT; and _DS_MSHL.NDS. Drag all these to the root directory of your micro-SD card.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  12. kotch689

kotch689 Member

Hello i have a problem the first time i use my r4 it was great i can import games on it but after a week i delete some games and started importing new games but Alas when ever i choose the new game i imported it loads then the screen turn white all of the new games have the same reaction but my older games is still properly working please help me!!!!

13. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

kotch689, I had a problem playing a new game, called Ben 10, on R4. I went to R4 website and updated the kernel to latest one and the new game then worked. Maybe this will help for you too, have you tried latest update?

14. kotch689

kotch689 Member

For Jodiebex--- Not yet i havent updated my r4, but im just wondering it was working a week ago, the game i added, but now when i re-added it again on my r4 its not working anymore everthing im trying to add is not working but the games that inside it is still properly working and not hanging up or causing any trouble while im playing this is weird!!!

15. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

You'll have better luck with newer ROMs if you keep your firmware up to date...

16. emaster7

emaster7 Guest

when i turn my DS on my R4 keeps getting me a black screen with loading on it. it's ¡@³$€6^¼ annoying so please help this because it's a major problem

17. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Make sure these files are present in the root directory of your micro-SD card: system_ (folder); moonshl (folder); _DS_MENU.DAT; and _DS_MSHL.NDS.

18. emaster7

emaster7 Guest

i would like to but every time i want to go to my mSD card it say: Drive X is not formatted, would you like to format it.?

but when i click yes it say Drive X cannot be formatted

19. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

What is the capacity of this micro-SD card?

20. emaster7

emaster7 Guest

kingston 1GB Micro SD