1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 DS Help (Please!)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Chriso298, Nov 8, 2007.

1. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Read here, and request for the hotfix from Microsoft.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. emaster7

emaster7 Guest

can't i just download it somewhere ?

3. mottymo

mottymo Member

hi when i put my r4 cartridge into my ds it says couldn't find_DS_menu.dat

what does this mean

4. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Download the latest firmware for R4DS at http://www.r4ds.com. Make sure these files are present in the root directory of your micro-SD card: system_ (folder); moonshl (folder); _DS_MENU.DAT; and _DS_MSHL.NDS.

5. E2ME3

E2ME3 Member

My R4 didn't come with a CD should I get them to send me one or is there another way to get that information on the CD? My R4 also says Cannot_Find_DS_Menu_dat. how do I get DS Menu dat.. Right now my micro SD's root has: English download and a games folder.

6. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Please see above post.

7. E2ME3

E2ME3 Member

How do I get those folders?

8. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

see post higher up from pryme H - download files from R4 website www.r4ds.com

9. E2ME3

E2ME3 Member

then what I've already got Englich-1.15.rar what do I do with it

10. E2ME3

E2ME3 Member

Download the latest firmware for R4DS at http://www.r4ds.com. Make sure these files are present in the root directory of your micro-SD card: system_ (folder); moonshl (folder); _DS_MENU.DAT; and _DS_MSHL.NDS.[/quote]

I didn't have those files because mine didn't come with a CD how do I get them

11. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Double click on the RAR file, and then a window pops-up with a folder in it. Now, open this folder and you'll see all the files aformetioned. Drag all these files into the root directory of your micro-SD card.

12. Wishie

Wishie Member

Uhm, sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by the root directory... ^^;;

13. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

When you plug in your micro-SD card to the USB port using the adapter, your PC will assign it a corresponding letter. That letter is precisely the root directory. Now, what you need to do is drag and drop all those (four) files into it, and you should be good to go.

14. CHINAR4

CHINAR4 Member

I've got an R4 bought in China. I'm sure I've loaded all the files correctly onto a Kingston 1GB microSD. I'm using English V1.15 downloaded from the R4 website. When I power up the DS the top screen shows the R4 artwork but the bottom screen shows a blue box with 3 exclamation marks followed by a line of Chinese text. I can't decipher this or get past it - can anybody help ?

15. geeforce

geeforce Member

Hi I had the same problem as CHINAR4 except I bought it here in Canada at an asian shopping center, its probably the same manufacturer and I started getting the same chinese symbols with the three exlamation points too. A long story short - I'm wondering if there is a web site other than www.r4ds.com with kernels that support this chinese Revolution R4. Can anyone solve this? Please and Thanx!

16. g003

g003 Member

please help i dont know how to download _DS_MSHL.NDSL because i cant view my pics and hear my music in my r4 because my brother delete the file name _DS_MSHL.NDSL plz help i may start crying here because i found this website plz can i get it fast plz

17. g003

g003 Member

please help i dont know how to download _DS_MSHL.NDSL because i cant view my pics and hear my music in my r4 because my brother delete the file name _DS_MSHL.NDSL plz help i may start crying here because i found this website plz can i get it fast plz

18. soundarch

soundarch Member

Hey there, this may sound like a stupid question, but just thought I'd put it out there anyway. So, just got an R4, tried a test run with a few games, and they worked great, but then I got this one rom, and it's playing, when it starts acting like it's got a snag. Now, when I downloaded the game, it had a bunch of .rar files. I only downloaded one, because when I looked at all the different .rars they all had the same size, so I assumed they were all the same file. Should I extract all the files and just rename them, so they don't overwrite each other?

19. soundarch

soundarch Member

Oh, and also, for some reason, it constantly asks for me to format the SD. As in, I format it, load my stuff on it, I play it a couple times, and then it gets stuck on the black 'loading' screen, and when I plug it back in my com, it asks to be formatted again. Help please.

20. Zero123Pr

Zero123Pr Member

Please help!! I have R4 and just bought a microSD 1 GB from Carphone warehouse - I have all the needed files and updated - Plus my SD card reader light is red, and the micro SD doesn't click in. When I turn on the DS with the r4 in, it just doesn't recognize the R4 and carries on as normal, but saying there is no DS cartridge,

WHAT DO I DO!!!!??

My Music