1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 DS Help (Please!)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Chriso298, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Cecy

Cecy Regular member

People there are step by step video tutorials on you tube. Search there as well

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Zero123Pr,
    For starters, the Micro-SD card needs to be placed securely inside the R4 slot. If you have made every attempt to do this to no avail, then I suggest you send it back for an exchange or refund.

3. Andrewk11

Andrewk11 Guest

Hey, I got a R4 and I loaded it up with Roms and everything, I got the right kind of Memory card I know because it came with it, 2gb blah blah and anyways when I put it in the DS it just says.. couldn't find _DS_MENU.DAT or some stupid thing. What am I doing wrong? Please please help!!

4. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Question was answered in the topic you created.

5. Cecy

Cecy Regular member

6. Zero123Pr

Zero123Pr Member

Right, so I now have 2 micro SD cards, and I think that the card reader is fine, and nothing wrong with the micro sd's, because somewhere I read they send red light sd card readers now, I think the R4 may be defective, I want my money back, or at least a replacement - but i've lost the original packaging and its been over 14 days.

Anyone, please, help - When I put the R4 in, newest update, new Micro SD and everything, my DS just doesn't recognise it and says there is no ds card inserted, I've found 1 person with the same problem but he hasn't found out (I haven't dropped it or anything.)

Thank you for your replies, if you manage to succesfully help me I will name a song after you on newgrounds ;-) only if you want.

7. Cecy

Cecy Regular member

This is so wrong but you could purchase another one that you know you can return and then swap the R4 and packaging.
    BEFORE YOU DO THAT: see if you can borrow a different DS and see if it works or not. Then you would know if it is the R4 or your DS. OH and watch the video tutorial above to make sure you are loading the R4 correctly.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  8. Zero123Pr

Zero123Pr Member

Thanks, i'll try my mates' DS, and I might just get a DSTT if all fails.

9. r4g

r4g Guest

Can someone send me all the stuff i need u no i got the starter thing
    cannot find MENU.DAT THINGY(LOL)can someone send me it through email
    *email removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
  10. vegan_liz

vegan_liz Member

ok so im just dumb when it comes to computers so ima try and explain this so people with a brain can understand me...

i bought 2 r4 deluxe sdhc (ndsl/nds) packages and it came with a black r4 cartridge and a microSD usb 2.0 stick thingy

and i bought 2 sandisk 2 gb micro sd cards

one for me and one for my best mate.

i downloaded the english 1.18 thing from the offical site and now its all .rar and has a stack of books as the icon. its whatever.

so i stuck the micro sd card into the usb port stick thing and stuck it into my computer. and i drag/drop the english 1.18 onto the removable device folder and its there. so i took out the 4 files that were in it and added it to the root page next to the english folder.

and i made a games folder and put some games in it that i downloaded. which also had the stack of books as the icon. still whatever. i dont get the books thing tho :]

so yeah... did all that and then i went to put the micro sd card into the r4 cartridge and play some killer games....

and i get the black screen of death thats stuck on loading.

gutted.

and also like... i got two of them. and both the micro cards work when i put them in one of the usb ports... but not the other. i tried doing it every which way but is it possible i got a bad one? like i stick it in and the light comes on and i go to my computer to open it and it says i havent stuck anything in it. but when i take it out... it goes away. and comes back when i stick it in.

and when i stick in the other one... it just opens all swift like.

wtf please help me if anyone actually got to the bottom of this.

xxx

11. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Vegan ... the stack of books as the icon is a W1nrar file and you need to extract them .

The games you have MUST be nameofthegame.nds extension in order for them to work.

12. vegan_liz

vegan_liz Member

hey celtic....

so i extracted them and they have the name you said they would but like uhhhh the one with the books is still there. do i delete that?

and do i extract all the files of just the games. and like it has numbersnameofgame(letter).nds

13. 0702693

0702693 Member

Hi,
    ok, i know a very similar thing has been aasked many times, but i cant make m r4 work.
    I got one from my boyfriend as a christmas present. He already has one of his own, and since i'm a bit hopeless with computers and technology he did all the stuff with the folders on it and games and such for me.

But it's not working. I'm just getting the black loading screen and it's not going away.
    I've checked the menu thingy and I definitely have the 4 things that i'm supposed to have. in the games folder all the games are named (number) - (game title).whatever

any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

14. GACrews

GACrews Member

Hi Same theme hope someone has definitive solution for NDS R4 as everytime it loads the welcome screen loads with the logo - and then goes straight to Loading screen and freezes.

I have installed the latest kernal 1.18

Files loaded in the root are _DS_Menu & _DS_MSHL.DNS
    With 3 folders - System_ ; Moonshl ; & Games

In the games files I only have files with game name.nds and .SAV extensions.

The card is a 4gb Micro SD that came with the kit from R4 REvoluton for DS.

Any help guidance very gratefully received

Yours with a headache

G

15. Merginoch

Merginoch Member

After i replaced the ds files for the newest firmware, it keeps saying not enough memory. What do i do? I put the system, moonshl folders, and the other two ds menu and mshl files

16. weepel87

weepel87 Member

Mergin I seem to be having a similar problem. When I try to change out my game files, it keeps saying that I have the same amount of space that I did before, instead of the 1.8 gigs I should have available. So when I just deleted all of my game files, it still only shows me having 34MB free on the R4.

Help please?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  17. IMUmike

IMUmike Member

uh nooh saa' i got a R4 frome my friend> and i am COMPLETELY retarded with root memory and all that. i just liek to know. where do i find the root memory? x) btw > your URL doesn't work haha

18. IMUmike

IMUmike Member

uhh , i always download the latest update but it's ONLY one file and it's RAR so. i have NO idea how to decrompress it! x) uggh . im so duum