1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 help plzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by afrochris, Dec 15, 2007.

1. afrochris

afrochris Member

ok i just got my R4 yesturday and it already had all the stuff installed on it DS-menu, ds Mshl.nds, _system_, and moonshl anyways after i put my R4 into my DS it told me this

"The Hardware is not compatible"

plzzz can some one help me i just got this and i don't no how to fix it

2. jacklm

jacklm Member

did u format ur micro sd card to a fat 16 or 32?
    i think it says that cuz of this im nto sure though but to for mat go to my computer and right click and click format

3. afrochris

afrochris Member

ok i formated it to 32 and it still tells me "The hardware is not compatible"

4. prutherf

prutherf Member

Search on You Tube "R4DS" . There are many tutorials.

5. afrochris

afrochris Member

i checked on youtube but there was nothing there on how to fix this error

6. juniR

juniR Guest

U got the right type of memory card? I'd try fat 16 if 32 don't work as well.

7. afrochris

afrochris Member

right now it's a fat 32

8. woof811

woof811 Regular member

never had that message mate "The Hardware is not compatible"

the micro sd memory your using what make is it and how big is it in gigs. a r4ds will not work with SDHC micro sd memory !

i personally use 2 gig kingston micro sd memory without any probs ( used about 30 of them now for family and friends )

also do you know iff your r4ds is english version or chinese ?

make sure you put english firmware on a english r4ds and so on .

you could try formatting your memory card and putting the latest firmware on your memory card , try here V1.13 ( i use english version ) - http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm

download the firmware , unrar it and you will have 2 files and 2 folders , put these on your memory card , thats it firmware done .

you could try using a different micro sd memory card just to be on the safe side .

just a few suggestions mate , woof811.

9. afrochris

afrochris Member

well i'm using a sandisk 2 GB micro sd, and it's the english version, oh and when i had put my mirco sd into my friends R4 it worked prefectly so i dunno wats worng....

10. juniR

juniR Guest

Well that would suggest it's the cartridge itself as in faulty. Of course you should pull it out and put it back in to make sure it's seated properly but I guess u'd know that if yer m8 has one.

11. woof811

woof811 Regular member

hmmmm i would try formatting your memory card and putting the latest english firmware on .

iff that didnt work try formatting it again and putting the latest chinese firmware on .

just trying to match the right firmware with your r4ds .

ive had a look on other Nds forums about your error and the others thats had that error is by trying to use the wrong firmware on their r4ds , ie english firmware on a chinese r4ds !

let me know how you get on mate , woof811.

ps. ive always bought english r4ds and used latest english firmware mate .

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  12. cleric12

cleric12 Member

i had same problem,this hardware is not compatible,tried formatting,tried english,korean,firmare.but not chinease has anyone got the links please,thanks

13. pamgreg

pamgreg Member

Hi there,

I'm having a similar problem.

I updated the kernal files today on my r$ DS to current version (V1.15 english). Since I did that I get the message "Hard disk not recognised" (in chinese). I've looked all over the web, you tube, R4DS page, etc but there is no info on this error.

First I thought it was because I didn't have an updated _DS_MENU.nds system file. So I deleted it because the tutorials I read (including the R4 website itself) said the DS would create a new one on startup but this didn't happen and they do not issue this file with each new kernal software.

I have reformed the SD card twice (FAT and FAT32), copied the new (V1.15) and old (v1.11) system software (english) to the card and it still gives the same error and freezes. Someone suggested using the same kernal software as the language it is in - I can only find Korean, English and Japanese - no chinese so don't know what to do next.

I've read about flashing the firmware and another forum said I may have corrupted the card by removing my USB stick incorrectly from WinXP (not using the safely remove hardware process) but not clear this is the problem - just the only thing left to try.

Anyone have ideas on the problem or workaround? Its a Sandisk SD card 1GB. Thanks

14. pamgreg

pamgreg Member

Hey Cleric 12, goto another forum thread R4 kernal upgrade help and look for response from Tommy6. Worked for me with similar problem. Good luck

15. cleric12

cleric12 Member

Hey peeps
    Im having a big problem installing and running moonshell,i install the moonshell folder and when i go too multimedia option it says cant find moonshell in root directory,please help me people im a proper noobie,peace