1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4/M3 Reliability?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by drunkpo23, Jun 1, 2007.

1. drunkpo23

drunkpo23 Member

Hey everyone!
    I just ordered my R4 and two 1GB Micro SD cards and am very excited.
    However I am worried as well...

I read about the R4 or M3 having problems with loading or even the spring.
    Is this problem common or does it only happen to those who are unfortunate?

Thanks for helping me!

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

My opinion is that the spring issue is more of people being slightly careless with their M3/R4, i looked after mine from day 1 and had no problems, my brother borrows it for a day and i'm now using tape to keep the card in ¬_¬ (got an EZFlash V on the way now)

3. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Just out of curiosity mr_hanky why is it that you're getting EZ-Flash, over getting another m3/r4? The reason I'm asking is I promised to get a long time friend (18 years plus) a flashcard for his DS, and I'm wondering if I should be looking into something more like this?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I like to have experience with lots of devices so thought I would move onto the EZFlash V, plus I have recently got the EZFlash 3in1 so I want to see how much better it is with the product it was designed for.

I will probably replace my M3 eventually, but atm I can survive with using a bit of electrical tape on it.

From what i've read you better off with the M3 over the EZFlash as the EZflash has problems with some games and save files, the only problem the M3 has is with Castlevania, but that is only with some SD cards.

5. sytrex

sytrex Member

My M3 completely broke on me after 20 minutes of playing Pearl. Waited a week for it to arrive, it's the start of the holidays and now my new one won't arrive until the end of the holidays.

So yeah, from my experience the M3 is a piece of crap. I swear if this one breaks too I'll go crazy.

6. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

Well, the loading problem unfortunately happend to me.

It just hung on the loading screen, even without the Micro SD in it..
    So i opened it, cleaned it, and put it back togeather (without the screw). It didnt work. still.

But, i was careless and dropped it.

And it has worked Perfectly 100% since then :)

7. drunkpo23

drunkpo23 Member

Thats really good to know that if the owner takes care of the product, the chances are slim. However no one drops their DSL on purpose... do they? Haha.

Well I ordered mine and it should be coming in .... two-three weeks. It's shipping from Hong Kong so I don't blame the delay. My two micro SD cards just came in today and they are both made in Japan and very happy. PoR should run properly on them, and if they don't, I'll be happy with Mario Kart and Metroid Prime Hunters.

The WiFi capabilities really extend what you can do with the games. I only plan to purchase another R4 after the one I ordered now breaks. If the second one malfunctions than I think I'll just have to buy another kind or just stop.

8. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

:p

Lol. my bruv ran into my room and jumped on me, causin me 2 drop it :p

but still.. it worked :D