1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 Missing Menu Help

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by MarshalZ, Sep 1, 2007.

1. MarshalZ

MarshalZ Member

Hey there, I just downloaded the newest software from the R4 site, and reformatted my microSD card, extracted the new software to it so that I can play some games I couldn't before.

Now I followed the instructions from I think it was mrhanky to do this installation. The problem is that when I start up my DS, the part where its supposed to show the three boxes of option for game, media and slot 2 are not there, calendar is on the top though. On the bottom screen it has a message in chinese that says it is missing some software I'm guessing.

So, I just want to know what the problem is or what I am missing, please help, just this menu thing is stopping me from making this all work. Thank you.

2. woof811

woof811 Regular member

is your r4ds an english version or chinese version ?

the firmware you downloaded was it for an english version or chinese version ?

just a thought you may have been trying to put english firmware on a chinese r4ds .

3. RustyMG

RustyMG Member

Hi there.
    Same thing happened to myself. No one told me there were different versions of the cartridge, ie Chinese and English - I put the English files on what I found out was a Chinese cartridge and got the same error as yourself.
    Just do a search on yahoo for the Tchinese 1.11 files (not sure if the Schinese 1.11 files will work), and when they are put on your cartridge, everything will be fine. Some of the txt will be in chinese, but all games and options will be in english.
    If you can find the modified chinese 1.11 files, they have been hacked into 100% english, and once on the cartridge, no one wil be any the wiser it isnt an english cartridge, but Ive gave up looking for these files - if anyone else has them or can point us in the right direction ??

4. MarshalZ

MarshalZ Member

Thx a lot, I have the chinese version of the r4ds, I am going to try it now, thx!!