1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 or M3

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by rocawear, Dec 25, 2007.

1. rocawear

rocawear Member

which is better for DS lite? Which offers more stuffs and what are the differences among each other? thanks

2. silk42

silk42 Regular member

For game play experience, I have had a good experience with both the R4 and the M3 Real. The R4 loads faster and I like the game menu better (allows me to view several games at once and I can press left or right on the d-pad to page up and page down). This is useful to me because I have over 60 games to choose from.

The M3 can read micro SDHC cards, thus I currently use a 6 GB Sandisk card. I like that fact that I can place hundreds of games on it with one card, but I don't like the way the game menu works. The games have to be placed in a folder called NDS and it can only contain 128 games. To add more games, I have to create a folder called NDS1 and when I am at the game menu, I need to press start and choose the NDS1 folder to select those games. Also, the menu only lists 4 games at a time. This is annoyingly slow when you want to scroll through all 128 games.

In my opinion, my choice would be a combination of the two. I would like to have an R4 that can read micro SDHC cards. I suppose this is what the DSTT is for, but I think it has the same game menu problems that the M3 Real has. As I don't own a DSTT, I can't give any real life experience about it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007