1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 Problem, Can't find correct firmware

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by huntrshado, Jul 27, 2012.

1. huntrshado

huntrshado Member

I got an R4 a long time ago and it worked fine and just recently i decided to play it again and it was working but when I tried to play a new game i realized I needed to update the firmware to play the newer games. So I tried to update to several R4 firmwares like WoodR4 and stuff but now im just stuck and cant figure out what kind of R4 I have because i can't remember. I am using a 1 GB micro SD. Now whenever itry to use it it doesnt work and i get a loading screen.

This is what my R4 looks like:
    [​IMG]

This is how it use to look before I tried to update it:
    [​IMG]

2. shalome

shalome Regular member

Looks like it is the original R4ds card, have you tried the latest wood V1.50? but from the menu you sent, it is not wood menu,so you use this card on your DS Lite huh? if you want to play the latest games, recommend you buy another new card, sounds like your card is so old. acekard 2i or r4i gold (r4ids.cn) will be working great.

3. huntrshado

huntrshado Member

Okay thanks, is there any way to find out what firmware was on here before i tried to update to wood R4 so that i can still use this one until the new one comes?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  4. huntrshado

huntrshado Member

I found the box and it says its an R4-III Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) but the website it gives me, r4dsl, is in chinese so i cant read it. And when igo to download the R4-III Upgrade software it doesnt work either.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  5. shalome

shalome Regular member

This card is just one of the clone R4 cards. and it has stopped updating for long time. so it can not play the new games. looks like you will need to buy a new card instead, if you plan it use it only on DS Lite, a very cheap r4ds will be enough, wood firmware will let you play the new games.

6. huntrshado

huntrshado Member

Im just going to buy an acekard2i