1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r4 rts on 3ds V6.1.0-11U??

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by techker, Jul 11, 2013.

1. techker

techker Member

Hey guys i have an RTS a=on a 3ds 3ds V6.1.0-11U..but the cart works in my older version of 3ds but in the updated version the icon does not show in the home menu?it's blank??

some say the cart is burnt..or bricked..

2. WilsonP

WilsonP Member

3. Torres008

Torres008 Member

4. techker

techker Member

5. Frago

Frago Member

if this doesnt work, you will need to buy a new card. currently, the r4i gold 3ds is the best 3ds flash cart out there, pretty sure it will work with the newest 6.1 software out of the box

6. techker

techker Member

on the site there is no upgrade.this cart should connect and download as they say..i have found one on the net but it didnt work..still says the cart is up to date...

il send them back and they said they will send me new onse...i guess will see..

7. xgamerx

xgamerx Member

I bought the 2013 version of the r4 3ds dual core card from r43ds.org and I updated my 3ds (accidentally... when my little brother was playing it, he figured hed say YES to the update :( ) and I thought that was it. But they did release a new firmware kernel for it, and once I installed it and replaced the old firmware I was using its now working just fine, like it did before the update. Only thing that concerns me now is whether or not that gateway card will eventually work on the 6.x, as it seems, they only work up to 4.5 and I was trying to keep me 3ds running without any updates.

8. xgamerx

xgamerx Member

hey techker.. Sorry for the back to back post, but I just checked, and I see that only SOME of their RTS versions of the card work. So I am not sure if the version you have maybe doesn't work on the 6.1.0??

Have you also updated it on a ds or dsi? With their kernel firmware updater?

9. techker

techker Member

ya odd 6.1.0 11u

i have like 5 ds...lol tried them all..

so i sent back the cards..see what they say..

10. lovegame

lovegame Member

as far as I know, r4i sdhc 3ds rts card released before Jul.02 can not work on 3ds v6.1.0-12 even if you use the latest kernel.

I'm afraid you need to buy another card to work on your 3ds v6.1.0-12.

At present, there confirmed six flashcarts released from official website that can support 3ds latest firmware v6.1.0, so you can choose one of them. They are r4i gold rts 3ds, r4idsn, R4i sdhc 3ds rts, super card dstwo, r4isdhc dual-core card and r4isdhc silver rts. Those six carts can work great on the 3ds latest firmware. The rest cards are still being blocked, maybe still need some time to fix the compatibility problem.

http://r4i-3ds.com/nds-r4-3ds/which-r4-card-can-work-well-on-3ds-v6-1-0-and-where-to-buy-200/

11. techker

techker Member

good call!thx i will contact them..

12. xgamerx

xgamerx Member

I got mine from www.r43ds.org and it's the 2013 version that I bought back in end of March / Beginning of April. I was able to use the latest firmware and it runs on my 6.1.0 3DS XL without any issues. I know they have some which have a label on it with a "NEW" red banner in the top right hand corner, and this one won't work with the 6.1.0, and is seems a lot of other card makers have had to make a new card or change the internal hardware somewhat.

If you do have the one with the 2013 on the label, it should work for you.

13. techker

techker Member

they sent me back some working cards.seem they were older versions