1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 stopped working on DSi

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Techdumb, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Techdumb

Techdumb Member

Last year we bought (2) R4 upgrade revolution for DS – V1-4 (NDSi LL(XL)/NDSI/NDSL/NDS). I have a SanDisk 2GB micro memory card. I have approximately 30 or more DSi games on it. My sons have been playing them on their DSi for almost a year now. One day one of my son’s DSi stop letting him get in the game to play, saying error . . . A week later my other son’s DSi said the same thing. Do you know what is going on? Why have they been able to play them for almost a year and now within a week’s time they both stop?

2. erenix

erenix Regular member

might be fakes or just a random error that happens when you add a game.

theres a chance you can backup your sandisks' data, reformat them, and then put the files and roms back in.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  3. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

check to see if it'a date error, if it is, set the date back a few months

4. StephenKu

StephenKu Member

Maybe it is the update problem, did your son update theirs DSis by accident. they updated the DSi console but didnt update the flashcard in advance, so this problem happened.
    Another which r4 card do you have, the officisal site ? which firmware do you use? is it this card you have r4i gold from r4ids.cn http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flashcard-for-nintendo-3ds-p-216.html
    find out the problem and then fix it, if there is no way to fix them, then buy another better card such as acekard 2i, DStwo or R4i gold which attached, all of them can work great on your DSi.

5. erenix

erenix Regular member

ya, thats right. I remember once i updated my dsi and my r4 didnt want to work after--even worse it was a fake cart so updating the cart rendered it useless--an effect parties created to rid of the fakes.

6. seess

seess Member

Hello, perhaps the cards need to upgrade to support the new version of DSI.
    you can visit the official website of R4 and see if they offer the latest firmware.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011