1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4DS Basic Guide (Complexity: Easy)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by pryme_H, Feb 11, 2008.

1. craiglawt

craiglawt Member

i have got a r4 card got all the software and games but still geting the loading messsage. any idea's i downloaded the software as my r4 card didn't have a cd

2. iambigh

iambigh Member

May be a bit of a long shot but have you tried formatting the card and re-loading the firmware ?? Good luck.

3. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

The biggest issue with the R4 is the number of different cards all needing different firmware's.

The general rules to eliminate most issues are,

1) Format your micro SD with Panasonics SD formatter (free use Google to find) and use it each time you change the firmware.

2) Download your firmware and extract it straight on to the SD (not onto the PC then transfer)

3) Try the available firmware's - http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ hosts them all, start with the likely candidates and work your way through

4) Ensure the SD is seated correctly in the R4 before putting into the DS

5) At this stage do not add any roms - get it past the loading screen first.

6) Unless it specifically says - the unit can take up to 2GB micro SD's, if it says SDHC then it can take up to 16GB (currently the highest available)

4. iambigh

iambigh Member

Good advice there Kittymat, the linfoxdomain link was what I couldn't remember otherwise I would have suggested the same as you.

5. numbnuts4

numbnuts4 Member

I'm so mad/frustrated/confused right now!!

I'd be lucky if I could get the 'loading' screen...i'm just getting the ?MENU in red!!

formated sdhc card (4gb) dragged software over...from various sites but nothing seems to work!! I cant get the actual link off the R4i site to work. tried 'live help' he was as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!! told me to watch the demo video at this link....link didnt lead to it...told him this and his reply 'not sure where it is myself...phone tomorrow for step by step help' duuuh???!!

my friend has just showed me this ....
    so an official R4 site can sell clones??!!

I'm trying a different link now (for clones? lol) we'll see how it goes! but any advice would be GREATFULLY accepted :)

6. unclebaby

unclebaby Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
  7. davpo

davpo Member

Thankyou for this guide I will let you know if it works when I get the r4 ds and
    buy a DS which will be soon then I will have fun trying to put roms and a Snes on the r4 DS

8. brptdoc1

brptdoc1 Member

9. brptdoc1

brptdoc1 Member

i am having some problems i get a question mark at the top i followed the steps, starting with a blank sd card, starting with downloading v1.17 for the r4..and adding all 4 files to the sd card,

ds lite
    r4i v 1.4 wifi upgrade revolution for ds(ndsi xl/ndsl/nds)
    sandisk 8gb micro sdhc

any ideas what i am doing wrong, is there anything more i have to do get get the 3 folders to pop up other than copy and drag the 4 files over.

10. miss706

miss706 Member

great explanation, even a non computer person could follow that....and then there is me! wow!

So i downloaded the english 1.08 or whatever its called, then i unzipped it and i have the 4 files total, drag and drop to card, added a game(which is an nds) then put it in nice and snug, tried snuggly several different ways, then i still only get the all black screen that says loading....and then nothin! i have tried to delete all, reformat and do it all again and still...nothin! but loading....the other cards i have done for my own children worked fine but these two for my brothers kids are awful!!!!

please help and thanks in advance!

11. guus192

guus192 Member

HI there
    Could some 1 help me please I did what the guide said on page 1 but i keep getting
    the word loading on black screen waited for ages nothing happened i must be doing something wrong but dont know what.
    Thankyou

12. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

The firmware of r4ds.com is outdated , you should try WoodR4 instead .
    Download here : http://filetrip.net/f22634-Wood-R4-1-16.html

13. guus192

guus192 Member

Hi there again
    I already have 1.18 English firmware downloaded on my R4i but as i said for some reason
    its not loading i keep getting (loading) on black screen,I did my sons before and it worked dont know why it is working now?
    thanks for all the help