1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4DS need help (noob)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by slw3737, Sep 1, 2007.

1. slw3737

slw3737 Member

2. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

the r4ds enables you to download ds games for free.u should be able to download videos and music on it.it says it on the box.im not sure how to.you'll have to search for some tutorials.but downloading games is fairly simple.

3. slw3737

slw3737 Member

but this package is all i need right?

4. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

i guess...just make sure u get the usb connector(the orange thing on the picture but the color is vary)The R4 memory card(the one tht says Sandisk 2GB)and the game cartridge(shape of the normal DS game cartridges.)that's all you will need.

EDIT:the other item(s) aren't important.but best if u have.

EDIT:in other words(incase i confused you)then yes.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  5. spathi

spathi Regular member

this is illegal and you shouldnt be discussing it here

6. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

yes, it is illegal but as long as i don't give information on how to download them and how to install them.i'm just telling him you can do it.just like the psp.it is illegal downloading games.but it's been discussed that you can download game.

7. spathi

spathi Regular member

I'm complaining about your purported 'purpose' of the R4 being 'to download games for free'. if that is really what you bought the R4 for, and if that is really the reason behind your modding of your PSP, then you're just a leech, I hope you realise that.

8. ary163

ary163 Guest

I have ordered a r4ds from edited by ddp , so fast shipping!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2007
  9. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

how do u know that i do download games?maybe i listen to music on it?have u been spying on me?no.so you can't prove anything with no evidence.i'm telling him the possible functions for the R4.telling someone something true is clearly not illegal.

10. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

Spathi, how pompous can you behave?

Tell you what, Here is a list of sites that you can download ROMs from, you put the .nds files on your MicroSD to play them on your R4.

Still completely within the forum rules, shut your self-righteous face.

11. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

thank you!i finally get a good back-up!and i say you speak the truth...the R4 was made for downloading games.not much of a multimedia item.but still spathi..you have no evidence that i use the r4 for downloading games.and plus...why the hell did u butt in?i was replying to slw3737's question to "I want to be able play my own games and homebrew. If I buy this R4DS package http://www.digimartz.com/r4ds-w-2gb-micr...7f5df5f48aabbf4
    Will I be able to download homebrew, games, etc, and be able to play them on my DS without any other products?"he asked in the thread.so as nintenut says,shut your mouth and don't butt in please.the world will be easier without your nosiness.

12. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

I'm a bit late in this discussion but I'll pipe in anyway. I just got my R4DS and it works perfectly, saves to the card and runs games flwlessly with no firmware hacks, etc. I have played many NDS games that I downloaded, I didn't even buy a single game with my DS, HA! Google search for roms and there are plenty of free sites around. You can play movies through moonshell, which is the software included with the R4DS. You will need to download a video conversion program, the name is in the user guide to the R4DS on the included disc.

13. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

hehe,congratulations, the R4DS is really cool.it's most useful in the plane :p

14. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

It is a cool little device. I have used emulators on the PC for years and I am amazed at how easy this little card is to set up and use (not that this is an emulator). I am also amazed at how flawlessly it works and runs games. Great product.

15. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

yeh,i agree.the memory card on it is so small!it worths the cash for an R4DS

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  16. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

Worth the Cash? Hell yeah! I remember a few years back, scouring the web for hours through bastard dummy sites for n64 roms only to find a couple here and there. The first google search netted me sites with full catalogs of (U), (J), and (E) NDS ROMs. Too easy! For the price of a Wii game I can play all of the DS games I want.

17. SG8

SG8 Active member

I ordered stuff from Digimartz, including 'SONY' MS DUO PRO 4GB for my PSP and SANDISK Micro SD cards but when I received them I checked them on the web and they were fakes that were supplied.

Apparently if you use fake cards for games they can cause the games to freeze.

I emailed digimartz.com about the fakes and they blamed their 'supplier' in Hong Kong, but said that there should be no issues with quality.

I have opened a PAYPAL SNAD Dispute, but am not hopeful of getting my money back

STEER CLEAR OF DIGIMARTZ if you are considering buying that sort of stuff!!

Am posting this anywhere I can find a mention of Digimartz to warn other people!!

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member