1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r4i 3ds card help

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by aki09, Dec 19, 2011.

1. aki09

aki09 Regular member

hi i got my boy a 3ds and bought the r4i3ds card i installed the latest software from the site it was loading up fine but it froze after a while and my friend said he had to install a white screen fix so i installed this but now wen i click to enter the r4 menu it doesnt load up and says "an error has occurred.press and hold power button to turn the system off.please refer to operations manual for details." how would i go about sorting this is thr a way off uninstalling this white screen fix update and restore to orig settings ?

2. gavin8814

gavin8814 Regular member

just take out ur sd card re format and put the software and games bk on should work fine from there

3. aki09

aki09 Regular member

i have tried this to no joy :( i have tried puttin older kenel as an email from the r4i team said to do but nuffing is workin :(

4. blomquist

blomquist Guest

can you tell me which r4 3ds flashcard do you have, what is the official site, and what is the firmware of your 3DS, looks like you need to update your flashcard first.

5. ohsoe

ohsoe Member

hi same problem here 3ds version 3.0.0-6 r4i3ds kernal 1.51b using sandisk 4gb class 4 tried evrything i know

6. seess

seess Member

Surely, the firmware is not installed correctly. This is the only explanation. Just reinstall it.

7. aki09

aki09 Regular member

but how can i reinstall it i have tried formatting the sd card and trying diff software on it each time but the menu just wont load so i cant go to update or anything :s

8. frustratedmom

frustratedmom Member

I am having the same issue, I have an R4I-SDHC 3DS card and I loaded the software and 2 games, it worked fine, one month later I got it out to add the rest of the games for my son's birthday and I am now getting the same error, I re formatted and re loaded the card with no lick still getting the same error

9. Alex1013

Alex1013 Member

Which card do you mean,the r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn or the r4i-sdhc 3ds card?
    If yours is a r4i gold 3ds,please try these following steps.
    step1:download the latest wood firmware from official site.
    step2:download the following file:3DS22Patch_R4iGold3DS_NDSL.nds
    just put it in the root of your SD card.
    step3:insert the SD card and your another good r4i gold flashcard into your DS console,power on.
    step4:run the 3DS22Patch_R4iGold3DS_NDSL.nds
    step5:take the r4i gold out and then insert again,press A ,just wait until completing upgrading.
    Hope these infos can help you to repair your r4i card.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  10. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

did anyone bother thinking the firmware update might be disabling the cart...

remember that the latest firmware on the 3ds dials home so make sure your wifi are turned off when using