1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon X1600 Drivers..need help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 2sweet4u, Aug 28, 2007.

1. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

I have had this card for some time.. and it was running perfectly with (god knows what version) drivers off of ATI's website. This morning, after getting some nasty key logger that I couldn't remove I reformatted..

When I finished reinstalling windows, I fixed my resolution and all that junk, completely updated windows XP and installed all my motherboard drivers. I downloaded the new Catalyst/display driver and as soon as I installed it my computer became stuck on 800x600 resolution and my monitor kept losing signal. As well as having invisible icons/missing interface parts in certain programs.

I uninstalled them and everything went back to normal.. so reinstalled them again, same issue. Tried this with versions 7.8 down to 7.6 before I gave up.

I'm at a loss for what to do :< is this a known issue with this card? can't seem to find anything on google, but i'm confused as it had been working fine for the past few months.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Try http://www.omegadrivers.net/ for new drivers. See if you still have this problem. Waymon could probably help you out better since he has an ATI card.

3. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yep, omega drivers work for me. One thing though, when I tried to install them, they failed throught the regualr installer, so if that happens to you then just reply back in this thread and I'll find the guide for you. (Cant seem to find it now...)

4. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

the omega drivers worked for me, thanks! at first it wouldn't work with the installer, but i searched around and got them working.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Good to see it worked. Good luck!

6. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yep, good to see that!