1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Shack ---Accurian ADR-3223 Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by NMILT, Aug 1, 2006.

1. v1nce

v1nce Member

I routinely save off anything I want to keep, catch up on my shows then reformat the drive myself.

2. redimp

redimp Member

i need help asap i am using the hdd mostly because it is recording a set of surveilence cameras and when i try to use the timer it tells me i need to turn off the dvd recorder. does anyone know how to turn off the dvd recorder it is extremely important that i find out soon (before you asked yes i did call tech and theyre closed for the night and i searched the user guide and didnt see anything)
    please help
    zach

3. v1nce

v1nce Member

Either hit the button marked POWER on the remote (red button top right) or the button marked ON/OFF on the unit itself. (Left front)

4. redimp

redimp Member

o now i feel really dumb thx i didnt think it would be that simple i thought i actually had to turn off the dvd drive lol

5. v1nce

v1nce Member

Don't worry about it, I was happy to help! Think about this: you may feel a little silly but just think about the guy you called at the help line that didn't get it :)

6. boo99

boo99 Member

hello there.

I just found this site and wanted to ask if anyones Accurian has crashed as mine has after defragmenting and editing/splitting titles??
    Last week I got one and this happened: the remote and all outer buttons wouldnt respond and there was no output.

Returned it and got the Polaroid unit at WMart which I have.

However I like the GUI of Accurian better and posted tonite what happened at RS on the AVS forum.

I got another unit tonite for the awesome price of 139.00! and couldnt leave the store after they offered it for this price.
    But Im concerned about what happened to my first unit when it seemed to just totally crash.
    Has anyone had this happen after splitting titles/deframenting and the power wouldnt even come on with the outer power button nor remote and then if it did, there was no video output at all?

thank you to any replies ahead of time!
    boo

7. calero

calero Member

Bought an adr-3223 3 months ago. It really works fine but does anybody know how can I connect it to my laptop via firewire? I would like to play movies in the laptop to be recorded on the 3232, is it possible? Would appreciate some help.

8. v1nce

v1nce Member

You can't. That firewire port is for a video camera to dump to the recorder. As to recording movies that can be arranged with the proper cable (out in your laptop, ins on your accurian) however they must be unprotected movies (ala not commercial DVDs).

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  9. _RT_

_RT_ Member

As a heads up to those that were contemplating this unit...
    Radio Shack has it marked down to $99.
    Just picked one up.

10. v1nce

v1nce Member

Wow! That's an unenviable price for an 80gig HD and DVD recorder! I already have one and maybe its worth it to get one just in case this one bites it... hehehe...

11. calero

calero Member

Hello v1nce, thanks for the help. You told it's possible to record movies and that it can be arranged with the proper cable (out in the laptop, ins on the Accurian) but they must be unprotected movies (ala not commercial DVDs). Ok, I have the firewire cable to connect my laptop to the Accurian but as I plug the Accurian show nothing different in the display. Did you try it yourself? Any other hints? Regards, Calero.

12. v1nce

v1nce Member

Calero: you need to use either the front video/audio ins of the Accurian or any of the ones in the back. The firewire port is really for things like video cameras and won't work with the laptop.

13. calero

calero Member

Ok v1nce, got it. Thanks a lot.

14. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

The Accurian ADR-3223 is LiteOn and is the same as a 5045 but 80 gb HDD or ilo RHD04 without Allrite
    The remotes are the same so is the operation
    At a $100 the parts alone are worth the price

A defective unit was brought in
    The question
    Does anyone have or know of a site that might have the firmware for this unit I believe it came with 202

RADIO SAHACK is NO HELP as they will not provide any firmware,Period

I might add
    While they do answer calls. The Service at RADIO SHACK is the Worst I've run into, Don't be supprised if they blow smoke and over charge,
    They will even hang up if you try to press an issue

15. davhamm

davhamm Member

So I bought one. I know nothing about DVD burners. Do I want DVD+R or DVD-R. Costco has TDK's 100 pack for $20 seems like a good deal. Just not sure which version to get.

16. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

The 3223 should be a good machine and a very good buy
    As to + or – disks
    The 3223 should have no problem with either. If you intend to play the disks in any machine that has problems with or does not recognize + disks, I would use the –disks.
    If using a re-writeable RW disk I would use +RW
    Some say the + disks are better but I have used both and see no real difference.
    Get Verbatim disks, They are very good. The TDK I don’t know as I have not used them

17. radar01

radar01 Member

I agree with LCSHG regarding when to use + or - media.

I've used both Verbatim and TDK DVDs without any problem. The only DVDs that gave me any problem were Memorex. It could have been a bad batch but I'd rather go with a brand that I've found to work well.

18. v1nce

v1nce Member

I've used Magnavox, Memorex, Office Depot and GCR brand media in mine - all worked fine. The only recent problem I had was with a batch of Office Depot brand media which was obviously bad when you looked at the discs themselves. A bad batch which happens to everyone. I'm at a toss up whether to buy another Accurian in case mine has a problem or buying a Pentium D 805 Dual Core 3.4Ghz chip and mobo for $78 at Frys. :(

19. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

I’ve used Memorex, Maxell. etc. all seemed to work OK but some of the disks are made by different Mfg. As said some are no good, returning them doesn’t help when you’ve lost something you wanted and cannot replace. I feel the chances of a bad or questionable batch is much smaller with a product as Verbatim.

Again, The Accurian ADR-3223 Is a good machine, At $100 it would be hard to beat.[more than hard]
    It is a LiteOn product and is the same as a LDW 5045 but with a 80gb HDD . Should any thing go wrong it most likely would be the DVD drive.
    It can be replaced as in LiteOn 5045, 5005, or the ilo R04, RHD04 [which is also LiteOn]

The HDD can also be rplaced very easy with an other 80gb [They are segate and are Guarnteed 5 yr] but any will do, The format is Fat 32.
    A larger drive can be used but any FULL erase would have to be done in a PC. An ATA unit will work with an adaptor

As to a PC, I should think it would depend on ones needs
    I still use a 7 yr old Plll 800, 8 IDE port motherboard with Win 98 SE as an OS. It does what I want and need. At present it has USB2 ports and I can add others if needed

Edit
    Another reason I have used - disks. I have found some machines tha do not like + disks even if they are book-marked_

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  20. kasitrol

kasitrol Guest

I understood that from a previous post that there was a USB connector on the motherboard. Has anyone tried any thing with this port?

I bought 2 of these recorders last week for 99.97 each. I did nt see how I could go wrong. I am now just getting used to the system.

I did find something I did not understand in timer recording on HDD. I set the timer to come on at 10:45 PM and go off at 12: 50 AM but when I checked the unit at 7:00 AM, it was still recording at that time. It had recorded for over 8 hours. When setting up the timer I used the date for the 10:45 PM start 2/6/07. I did not see an end date option so I assumed the recorder would know when at midnight the date would change to 2/7/07 while recording. Any comments or suggestions?