1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Shack ---Accurian ADR-3223 Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by NMILT, Aug 1, 2006.

1. v1nce

v1nce Member

Thanks very much for the info and instructions!

2. untrsb

untrsb Member

Yea, thanks for the instructions.

3. untrsb

untrsb Member

Does anybody know what causes the high pitched sound that is sometimes played back? Or has anybody else experienced this? Also, any possible solutions so that I can get rid of the sound....its very annoying.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

4. v1nce

v1nce Member

I know what you're talking about and so far as I have not found a solution. I can tell you, after trading in 2 units the high pitch whine that appears on some recordings is some sort of design flaw. It happens to me about 10-25% of recordings. Usually I'm home so if I hear it when it starts to record, I stop it. Toggle SOURCE (or shut it off) and turn it back on and the whine goes away (when recording, not playing back of course). There's something wrong with the tuner.

5. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

It's a known fact for the ILO HD04 and the Liteon 5045 that the front A/V audio input are not sheilded properly and produce an audio pitch, might be the same with the Accurian.

6. v1nce

v1nce Member

Actually the front inputs aren't used at all w/mine and others, we're talking taping straight off of cable and getting the whine as well. Randomly.

7. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Hi guys, well that's a new one to me, not owning an actual Accurian, might be only with that model. I used to record a lot off of the HD04's mono tuner in the past and never encountered that issue, but recently added a dual tuner PVR to my array, so the recorders have drop down to 3rd and 4th string recorders/archiver role only. Most likely as you've mentioned, cheap tuner.

8. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

The Accurian 3223 is/was a bargain when sold at $100.
    It is a liteon and is much the same as a liteon 5045 with a 80gb HDD instead of a160gb.
    It is allwrite and it cannot be hacked, at least I have not seen one.
    I had one, My son in law now has it
    I have a number of liteon/ilo units. Not all units have problems with the front input, but most users avoid using them I have one RHD04 that is noisy and it could be called a whine, that comes from the display,it is the cause of the problem
    This can be eliminated but requires changes that should only be taken by one it they have the proper tools and skills. If the inputs are a problem, I would avoid using these inputs.

While the tunners are monaural I have found them to be very good

9. dsw274

dsw274 Guest

I am very impressed with the overall, quality this forum has to offer. Just to bring you up to speed, not that you can, but if you were to find this product in the store still , it would cost you a mear 36.99.

To start off my id like to say i own a DVD accurian all write dvd recorder, and I also know a few about the product.

I need to know how to update firmwre.

connect a usb to my computer to tranfer date from the hard drive to the computer. (there must be a way)

10. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

dsw274

Accurian is not a Radio Shack brand name as ilo is a Wal-Mart brand

To my knowledge there is no firmware update available.
    Why would you need a update. The unit works fine as is even if is compliant and can-not be hacked

Again to my knowledge there is not a way to transfer data on the recprder HDD directly to a PC

You could copy the data to a disk. And from that disk in a PC to the PC HDD.
    You could also remove the recorder HDD and install it in a PC, assuming your OS would read the HDD

The Accurian format is FAT 32 using 64k

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  11. UBNTV

UBNTV Member

Accurian HDD ADR-3223 Recorder is well worth the price. we use the HDD for Live TV Advertising & TV Programs and it works grate! it will run (24) hours. we are going to buy 8 more. we got it at Radio Shack for $200

UBNTV.