1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raid help required, please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by zodiac336, Jan 26, 2007.

1. zodiac336

zodiac336 Member

My system is

dual opteron 252
    k8n-dl motherboard by asus
    and dual western digital 250gb sata drives in raid 0 config

worked fine til this morning i booted up pc, and the nvidia raid driver screen following the boot up is frozen. message says Detecting array... and its stuck there. what can be wrong? or has my raid just failed and i lost all my data?

any help appreciated im realy frustrated...

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

This is why i keep telling folks never to use only one RAID0 setup in a system...
    Anyway, i take it you've already tried to just reboot the system in whatever safe/recovery mode it might have ?
    Have you checked your BIOS for any errors ?

3. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

I have the same prob with a new evga 680i. I have to hit reset, and it is fine, does'nt do it all the time. Never had this prob with an asus a8n sli deluse with raid 0

4. zodiac336

zodiac336 Member

problem solved. strange, all i did was enter the mobo setup menu ( pressing DEL ) browsed settings, didnt change anything and exited. next thing i know windows boots up and everything is fine. prior to this, i had tried rebooting pc 5-10 times. i couldnt get to that safe mode part the raid check happens before that. anyways, thanks guys