1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

random freezing/skipping of self recorded video on dvd

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tam283, Feb 22, 2005.

1. tam283

tam283 Member

Hello,

This is my first post in these forums! I have hours of footage that I've been editing and preparing for dvd for months. I have 3 different types of media. I used Premiere and Encore to create and burn my dvds. I've noticed that after halfway through the disk some of chapters will freeze or skip around. It seems like I have problems with all three media types and sometimes the problem will occur at the same spot on two identical dvds. My question is if my footage could somehow be causing the problem? Or is the problem most likely the media and/or the drive?

2. clifton51

clifton51 Member

Funny that! I had the same problem with video taken on holidays...would play OK on the PC, but would stop, start, jerk and carry on when played on our stand alone DVD player (a Voxon 3777)...Played OK on other peoples DVD players. Ended up buying an elcheapo from Coles ($49)...plays beautifully now!
    Never did find out what the problem was, but I doubt very much if it is your footage. I suggest trying it out on a DVD player.