1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rapimgr.exe Using massive resorces

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by KillerBug, Mar 15, 2007.

1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I just got me a Pocket PC (hand me down). To my horror, I found that I need to use activesync to connect, even if I just want to manualy copy a file over! I installed it and my computer started going realy slow.

Task Manager says rapimgr.exe is using 97% of my CPU. Needless to say, I am only going to start the program when I need to connect, but I would like to find out why this is using so much. I did a virus and spyware scan with several programs, and I downloaded the installer from microsoft again, but it does the same.

Has anyone else has this problem? Is there some other program to copy files over to my PPC?

Note: I can't install linux on this HP H4300, so don't bother suggesting that...

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Take a look at this link, it might be your answer.

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Tried it all, same problem (BTW - that link is for the old version of activsync, but it's mostly the same.)

What I need is a driver to make my computer treat my PPC like a USB memory stick. I'll extract the install cab files myself and copy them over rather than running this terrible activesync.

Buyer beware: Microsoft does not offer support for windows mobile, they refer you to the manufacturer. Manufacturer refers you to microsoft.

Also, windows mobile is not a platform, it cannot be upgraded unless the manufacturer decides to let you, and write all new drivers since there is no WDM or anything like that. They claimed that upgrades would be available for WM2002, WM2003, WM5.0, and now they say that there will be upgrades for WM6.0...even though they never delivered on the other three.

I am just glad I got it as a hand-me-down, and I didn't have to pay for this terrible software quality and service....and sorry for the rant.

4. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Well when your the biggest you dont have to the best or give a crap if people dont like it.
    Like Vista, I will get it someday, but I will wait fot the SP2 release. haha :-(

5. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I don't think that they tested it with a system that has ATA drives. I replaced my ATA boot drive with a SATA unit, kept the ATA storage drives, and now the program uses almost no resources.

This seems odd since when this PPC was made, SATA was just starting to show up in the high end.

I would still like an option in the program to turn off autorun. I tried removing the entries in regedit, but every time I install or remove any program, it comes back...it's like a virus, but with fewer working features!!!!

-Edit-
    In the upgrade, my only "Slave" ATA drive became a "master" because I totoly removed the only boot drive, perhapse this did it?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007