1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rar file with PS2 files, not ISO - Need guidance for an expert

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rdn98, Jan 27, 2008.

1. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

Just off the bat, I have had lots of experience burning, ripping, downloading, and rebuilding my collection of PS2 games. I have swap magic for both my fat and slim ps2. I know how to use usbextreme, and I know of the memory exploit and the entire modding scene for ps2.

Here is my problem that my friend has.

He downloaded a game where the original extension is .RAR.
    Upon extracting the .RAR file, he gets not an ISO, but the actual contents of the PS2 game.

Here is a screenshot of the extracted files:
    http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh30/jimmy26_6_6/Screen03.jpg

Now I know that PS2 game files have a specific order when laid out on the PS2 data disc. Is this really true?

Also, if I only have the game files, is there a difference from putting it into an ISO file, compared to just burning the files as just data DVD?

Please shed guidance. My friend no longer has the original .RAR file, but I wondered if we changed the extension from .RAR to .ISO would it burn fine and play fine with swap magic?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  2. Garage81

Garage81 Member

Yeah, you must either find the right order for theese files to put on your DVD-r. Or redownload a scene version. Only noobs put gamefiles like that on the net...

3. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

garage is right. you cant put those files on a disc directly and expect it to work. you have to have some type of image file. you could possibly use img burn and build an image file using those files then try putting that on a disc. if that doesnt work then i dont know what to tell you besides go and rent the game or something.

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member