1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAR file

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Headshott, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Headshott

Headshott Member

I recently downloaded a RAR file (dont wanna mention what) of 400 MB, over Limewire. Needless to say, it took a while. Today is opened it in WinRAR, and this message appeared: RAR archive is either damaged of of an unknown format. I tried to repair, and it only spit out that there were file '???' header is corrupt twice, and then said no errors fixed. I tried opening again, it still showed the damaged message. I downloaded WinACE, as much as i hate it, and it said basically the same. I tried changing the file extension to zip and ace, and it still spit out the same message again. PLEASE i REALLY need help with fixing this archive so that i can extract the files. Ne1 here no how i can do that?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I've never seen that exact message when using winRAR, but my guess would be the file is corrupt or incomplete.

3. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

webzip 9 may be able to open it for you depending upon the damage that your rar file has
    its worth a go n goodluck:))