1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rar files

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by strenth, May 31, 2007.

1. strenth

strenth Member

can anyone tell me, sometimes when i download a rar torrent file and extract it works perfect but smoetimes i get picture but no sound. am i doing somthing wrong or should i be looking to have a special bit of software?

2. foolios

foolios Member

It would be good to know if a friend used the same dl and whether or not it's working fine for them. There's a couple of things that could be going wrong before you even begin to burn. Corrupted download, bad torrent files, etc.

Maybe have someone else get the torrent too or see if theres any posted info on whether the ones you are grabbing are indeed fully working. Once you know that much, you can start looking at the next stages for problems.

3. strenth

strenth Member

i know someone who has also downloaded this file i'll ask him if his worked ok!!

thanks for your reply

4. foolios

foolios Member

Maybe you could get a hold of his version, copy it to an external usb drive or something and bring that back to your pc.

Good Luck!

5. steimy

steimy Active member

it could be that the people who up the files where you get them are not very good. Or you use low quality DVD's, or your burner has out of date firmware, or needs to be cleaned. Could be that you do not burn them at the correct speed causing audio/video problems. Could be any number of things really.

6. foolios

foolios Member

It sure could. We'll start from the beginning and progress along in some kind of order until we figure it out. I hope trying out his friends solves all his problems.

Cheers

7. strenth

strenth Member

the problems not when i'm burning!!
    it's during the download or extraction it occurs?

8. foolios

foolios Member

Did the same thing happen with your friends copy?