1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.rar to ISO

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by chill0019, Apr 11, 2005.

1. chill0019

chill0019 Member

I'm confused. I downloaded a .rar file for and Xbox game. After I downloaded it I decompressed it with WinRar and it made it an .iso file.

So, what is an .iso file? What do i need to do to get his file to work? Can I play the game on my computer?

If I cant play it on my computer, what type of files do i need to download to play games on my computer?

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey chill0019,

First, Welcome to AfterDawn!

Second, have you tried AfterDawn's search function? Your question is pretty general and alot of people have already asked it. And there are at least several different threads asking the same thing. Here is the link:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/search/

Also, have you checked out the guides in the Guides section of AfterDawn, they are definately helpful in alot of ways. Last, check the Xbox forums; they definately give you great suggestions in what programs to use and how to use them.

If you are looking for definitions on what certain file extensions are, AfterDawn has a Glossary section that is top notch and you will be able to find those answers there!

Hope this helps!

;)

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

iso is an image file fomat. you can use a program like Daemon Tools Iso Mounter to mount the image as a virtual drive.