1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rar to iso

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ron3, May 15, 2007.

1. ron3

ron3 Member

I need help. Listen, I have a Modded xbox 360,clone cd, a double layer cd/dvd burner,I have dvd dercrypter, Nero, and I have double layer 8.5g dvd's. I downloaded a xbox 360 game (mlb 2k7), I extracted the .rar files to an iso file. ( I right clicked and selected the option to "Extract Here"). After that, I got an iso image file that looked like a cd on a piece of paper. I burned (or so I thought) the iso image to my double layer dvd using DVD Decrypter, but my xbox keeps saying "Unrecognized Disc". Can someone give me alternate instructions or tell me what i'm doing wrong!!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Why didn't you use the CCD to burn with? If using DVDD you'll need to set the layer break. With CCD, you just open the .dvd file and it'll set it for you.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

personally i always use IMGburn V2.1 and set the layer break manually (which you only have to do the first time) then burn the ISO at 4X.

setting layer break:
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game

I have not made a coaster yet.
    and some side notes:
    1. if you have a Samsung DVD drive in your 360 flashed with newer firmware, you do not have to worry about stealth patching or booktyping.
    2. If you have a Hitachi drive you need to booktype the disc as DVD_Rom and make sure the image is steath patched (Using Xbox Backup Creator V2.4)
    3. make sure you are using top quality media and not some store brand. I suggest Verbatim 2x to 6x DVD+R DL