1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ratchet 3 online... will not connect, NB it's not a DN@S problem!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by teggy, Nov 25, 2004.

1. teggy

teggy Regular member

I noticed when backing it up the size was 4,646,xxx,xxx. So when I burnt it and checked it in my dvd driveit read 4.15gb, what's the deal with that.
    Now onto the gameplay, first burn the sound skipped and online wdnt connect. 2nd burn the sound was fine but online still wdnt connect.
    When I say connect I mean it won't get past the initial connection to the server. It cannot be a DNAS problem, a because DN@s is patched, b because it doesn't get past the initial connect to server to check the DN@s. After a while it gives me an error message telling me to check my connections. The connections are fine, the LAN enables itself when my PS2 tries to connect. I was playing Smackdown v RAW online prior to ratchet and clank 3. If I dont wait for the error and cancel it brings me to the multiplayer menu and from there if I hit quit the screen goes black.

If the TOC refresh is needed I don't know how to do that as i'v never had to. Also note that my PS2 will not read te swap magic cd so I cannot use that if it is needed. However I use the 5v3 no pn option in dvdloader then swap to swapmagic dvd and then slidecard @ swap by ea screen.

Long story short, it plays fine but fails to connect online. The DN@S is patched the burn went fine so I dnt know whats wrong. Taking the above into account can anyone help me?

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

Bump

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

Delete this thread. See my computer had a lan thing built in, but no ethernet port. So I disabled the connection. When I got my network card for the ICS it made a 2nd LAN connection and it bought the other one back, so that is why it didnt work. It turned the ICS between my Broadband + network card (LAN2) and my PS2 network card off. So I had to fiddle and got rid of LAN1 again(well grayed it out completly) so now it works like a dream and Ratchet 3 online is awesome.

4. Ataxonu

Ataxonu Member

For some reason when I select multiplayer from the menu it freezes to a black screen with colored 1/4" bars on the left and right side... WTF could be the problem???