1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ratchet and Clank Up Your arsenal backup help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Andrew691, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Hi I am thinking of backing up Ratchet and Clank up your arsenal using dvd decryptor onto a dvd+r and was wondering if it will play in my ps2 using only the swap magic dvd disc with the slide card?

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

3. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

How do you use the fixes?

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

CDLoader FiXes are images that must be burned to a CDR and swapped in-between your original Swap Magic 2.0 CD and your PS2 game back-up.
    With that being stated, insert your Swap Magic CD Disc into your PS2 and at the prompt pictured use your Flip-Top PS2 Cover or Slide Card tool
    to switch your Swap Magic CD Disc for your CDLoader CDR disc. Once the swap is made, press X on the controller to load the CDLoader software.

2) At THIS prompt you have (2) choices: You can press X to go to an OPTiON menu used to select specific loader OPTiONs for the titles listed on our
    main page that require them, or you can use your Flip-Top PS2 Cover or Slide Card tool to switch your CDLoader CDR with your 1:1 CDR back-up
    game, followed by pressing X to load it and enjoy! For loading DVDR back-up games proceed to step #3 below without pressing anything yet.

3) If you wish to play a 1:1 DVDR game back-up at THIS prompt you will have to press EJECT on your PS2 and then insert your Swap Magic DVD Disc
    and press X on the controller to reach THIS prompt. Now, use your Flip-Top PS2 Cover or Slide Card tool to switch your original Swap Magic DVD Disc
    with your 1:1 DVDR game back-up and press X to load it and enjoy!

NOTE: As stated above, our CDLoader FiXes are images that must be burned to a CDR and swapped in-between your original Swap Magic 2.0 CD and your PS2
    game back-up. They can NOT be burned to the same CDR disc as your PS2 game back-up
    taken from http://www.swapmagicfix.com

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  5. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

I haven't had to use any fixes for any of the games that I burn for swap magic. I guess that I am just lucky, or that could be an advantage to using Nero instead of DVD Decrypter. With Nero, you just click the DVD tab, click copy disc, uncheck quick copy, set your burn speed to 1x (although lately I have been doing it at 8x and they seem to be working fine - but leave it at 1x to be safe), and then click burn. It's that simple! Hope this helps you!

6. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Oh, and I don't reccomend using DVD+R, alot of PS2's cannot recognize them. Stick with DVD-R's and you should be fine. The company that makes them shouldn't matter - true some do make theirs cheaper than others, but I reccomend finding a DVD-R that works for you and sticking with that type. Just because some cost more than others (ritek) doesn't mean they perform better.

7. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

If I get the newest version of swap magic will I still need the fix?

8. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

You know, my v12 refuses to read DVD-Rs, and today I got it to play a DVD movie written on a DVD+R. I made a post about it in this forum.

9. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

If you use Nero, you won't need any fixes with swap magic ver 3.3 I haven't needed to use any with 200+ backups.

10. hursty

hursty Active member

the reason you have not used any fixes,is not because you use nero.......
    its because you have swapmagic 3.3.you dont need a fix.
    using nero instead of decrypter doesnt make a blind bit of difference.
    if you have older version of swap magic,you need to select the 5v3 no pin option to get it to work.

11. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

I see, well then I suggest upgrading your Swap Magic discs to the newest version then.