1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Rusty2, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

I burned this, R.&C. UYA, with DVD Decryptor. I ripped it, and usually theres and ISO file but instead there was a MDS file, which can be burned since i had to use that to burn Drakengard, but anyway, i loaded the disk with the DVD 2.0 swap disk, than used the slide card and loaded the burned disk. i pressed X and the edge turned green for a split second before turning blue, then the tv turned black. it made a noise like it was loading than nothing. i cleaned the disk and tried again, and the same thing happened. is there a special way to burn this or should i try it again? oh, by the way, i burned it to a Teon DVD+R disk, which, i havent had any failures using that disk.

2. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

i have the same exact problem. Ive tried the teon discs but they dont work for me. Now im using memorex dvd+r they seem to work but not for ratchet or a few others (harry potter, blood rayne). Im burning at 1x. I've tried both dvd decryptor and alcohol...no dice...can any one help...im fed up with the increasing number of coasters. Anybody need any x-mas presents? I hav really nice 4 packs of coasters nicely decorated!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

3. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

4. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

does any 1 know where to get the dvd loader v7

5. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

www.swapmagicfix.com Opps thats for cdloader, its teh same thing but it boots with swap magic cd version.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

rayza you can get dvd loader from the link in my sig and ratchet and clank needs the 5v3 no pn option from the submenu, h. potter requires the beta 3 splintercell option, bloodrayne 2 requires a toc refresh with a large toc disc or the game to be rebuilt after removing the garbage files

7. hursty

hursty Active member

i have just tried burning R+C through dvd decryptor,it read the disc fine,burned mds file,(dvd decryptor automatically splits large files),hence mds,write at 1x speed onto INFINTIT 4XDVD-R.,works perfect.

8. hursty

hursty Active member

mind you,i dont use magic swap disc.

9. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

ok, STOP! can anyone tell me how to burn R+C UYA with the ea method? do i need anything else other than a DVD Swap disk 2.0 and a slide card (yes i know i need to burn it to a DVD+R, which I have). how do you do the ea method. and when you answer, please dont shorten any words, give the instructions on how to burn the disk, then load it the ea method.

10. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Burn the game normally as you always would

Instructions for playing R+C: UYA or anyother game that requires the use of cdloader/dvdloader. Go to http://www.swapmagicfix.com see is you game is listed there and how it should be loaded, in this case up your arsenal is. Download cdloader from that same website.

Using cdloader:

1. Put in swap magic cd version and let it load
    2. swap for cdloader and press X
    3. Select the option that you need in order to play the game, in this case it is 5V3 NO PN
    4. press eject and put in swap magic dvd version
    5. Press the X button
    6. The screen should now say please put in a game by ea method or something similar.
    6. At this prompt, swap with the game and press X

The game should now load.

*you can also use dvdloader, it is the same thing except that it loads with swap magic dvd version instead of cd version. I think you can get it off devilhunts signature.

11. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

thankz, but what is the "ea method" and do i download just cdloader or cdloader V7 ALL, theres two things listed there. and what, do i burn cdloader program to a cdr or dvdr or something.

12. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

i just downloaded cdloader, not the V7 ALL one but the other one. i extracted the files and my comperter, Windows XP says i have to open it with something, what should i open it with, word pad or what.

13. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

What is your ps2 version if its a V7 or higher then download that otherwise download the other one. You just extract is and burn the image with nero or alcohol 120%. If its cdloader then you burn it to a cd, if its dvdloader you burn it to a dvd.

EA method is nothing, basically it is asking you to swap with the burned game.

14. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

so, i just burn the program to cd if its cd loader. do i have to have dvdloader to load ratchet and clank or can i use cdloader for that?

15. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

it doesn't matter whether u use cdloader or dvdloader. Just remember that cdloader loads with swap magic cd version while dvdloader loads with swap magic dvd version.

16. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

I just burned it 2 and neither worked. well, i put in the cd swap disk and waited. then it said like load program and something else. i then used slide card and put in cdloader and pressed X. then, the screen went red and like 3 seconds later, a purplish bluish redish flickering color bar went around the screen. with burning cdloader, do i burn both the .bin file and the .cue file or just the .bin file or just the .cue file? and can they be burnt to a Sony CD-R?

17. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I suggest that you get dvdloader only because the boot rate with swap magic cd version isnt that good. Get it off devilhunts signature. Also just burn the .bin file.

18. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

and on nero, i have nero start smart, can i burn it with that? if i can, do i burn it as a data cd or...i'm not gon get dvdloader cuase im runnin low on dvd's and they have to last me another month.

19. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Yeah you can burn it on nero, but burn it as am image file not as a data file.

20. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

thankz man, for all your help and being patient with me!