1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ratchet and Clank

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Iorkca, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Iorkca

Iorkca Member

Problems with backup. I have backed up my copy of ratchet and clank, but when i go to play it it loads normally and then it allows me to start a new game thwn it plays the intro and then after the intro it freezes at a black screen and doesn't do anything. I tried with the DVD loader and everything anyone know how to fix this and make my backup work.

2. chief773

chief773 Member

I successfully copied this game last night. Played about an hour into with the backup. I used DVD encryptor and memorex DVD-R and burned at 4x, no problems at all. What media are using? BTW I used the flip top with swap magic 3.3

3. Iorkca

Iorkca Member

All i got handy is some no name DVD-R's, i mean i copied ratchet and clank 2 & 3 and they work fine, its just part one. I am thinking it might have been the game cd, it has some serious scratches on it so maybe it just won't give a good copy. I am using DVD Decrypter to make ISO and Nero to burn it, if i use DVDDecrypter to burn it it usually fails. I am using Slide card with swap magic DVD version 2.0 USA build i also have swapmagic cd version 3.2 USA build. It came with my swap card, i bought it 2 months ago.

4. Iorkca

Iorkca Member

bump

5. hursty

hursty Active member

what version is your ps2 ?
    doesnt r+c1 require cd loader..not dvd loader

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  6. Iorkca

Iorkca Member

My PS2 is like a version 3 ps2. According to swap magic fix it doesn't use a loader. Its just wierd that way it loads, plays through the first FMV sequence then freezes. If anyone knows what might be wrong it would be greatly appreciated.