1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ratDVD does not play in Media player 10

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by robras43, Jun 5, 2005.

1. ccarp

ccarp Member

Ok, just for the hell of it, I uninstalled the latest ffdshow that I downloaded "ffdshow-20020617.exe" and downloaded installed a previous version "ffdshow-20020606.exe", then played the ratDVD file in WMP10 and it worked. I have not tried to install the latest over the top to see if the problem is the latest ffdshow, any one game?

2. sky56

sky56 Guest

If you check the bottom of the ratdvd faq page, it tells you that it has a problem with Media Center Edition. Ran into the same problem myself. They are "working" on it.
    "Playback of .ratDVD files does not work in Windows Media Center Edition

The current version of the playback navigation filter tries to hook the video window of the Media Player in order to react on user input. Since I was not able to hook said window in MCE, for now you cannot playback .ratDVD files in MCE. I am working on a solution for this…"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2005
  3. ccarp

ccarp Member

I seem to be having issues trying to run Media Portal too.

4. recca421

recca421 Member

Have tried multiple versions of MPortal.
    Nice interface
    Won't play a damned thing
    I'll wait for v1.0

5. Dakid666

Dakid666 Member

hmm.. i tried to play a ratDVD file with WMP10 and i only hear the sound... there's no visual... anyone have an idea why it's doing that..? thx...

6. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

I can't get mine to play in wmp10 either. Do I have this straight, you can play the ratdvd file as it is, without converting it, right? I didn't do the converting, so I have no clue to how they did it.

7. UchihaIta

UchihaIta Guest

Okay so what happens in WMP10 is that i get an error message saying error loading codec, how do i fix that?

8. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

Yes, WMP10 should play the file. There are a set of instructions that tell you everything you need on your PC. Once you have them you simply play the file in WMP10.

9. dnstommy

dnstommy Member

Can you link us to the instructions?

10. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

Here is the guide:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_to_ratdvd.cfm

You guys should read the whole post here. First of all it is full of useful (and not so useful) information. All of the "how to" information is available here, and this guide is right from the ratDVD page at the top of this post.