1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ratDVD is top story at News.com

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by arisia, Jun 3, 2005.

1. arisia

arisia Member

Re: Hard Drives/ratDVD...

I would say the big advantage with ratDVD is that your 200GB hard drive can store about 133 ratDVDs (at 1,5GB each) but only 26 DVD (at 7,5GB). And normal DVDs don't have a tagging system...

Re: ratDVD and Nero/xvid/etc.

Ratdvd has two big advantages. It keeps the whole interactive DVD and not just a part of it. And ratdvds can be converted back to a DVD which makes it compatible with every player. You don't even have to wait for a Nero compatible player...

Re: BlueRay (or is is HD-DVD?)

Will be interesting to see when they arrive and at what cost. I expect to stay with HDD to my ratdvd archive. The price for a 200GB hard drive is currently about 130 USD. If a HD-DVD/Blue ray drive will cost about 600 USD I can get about 700GB disc storage for the same price...

2. camar068

camar068 Member

Anyone tried it on a dvp-642 yet? Yes it might seem to be a waste of time, but I would like to have the menus on my compressed movies...and have multiple movies on one dvd.

'Maro