1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ratDVD Now fluxDVD?

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by ryley_92, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ryley_92

ryley_92 Member

After waiting months for a new version, i found and installed fluxDVD, www.fluxdvd.com. Looking in the app folder, there are a bunch of XEB dll's, named like the ratDVD one's, though newer version's.

I just hope my guess is wrong, as fluxDVD has no public converter

2. BlinkN

BlinkN Regular member

Yes they do have their own converter program. If you go to start, all programs, fluxdvd, [bold]fluxdvd converter[/bold]. That's what you would use to create fluxDVD video.

The only thing I'm not sure about if they stole the idea from ratDVD or if they bought the rights to ratDVD.

[bold]Edit:[/bold] Took a look at the program. My mistake. You're right, they don't have anything to convert it to fluxDVD. You're better off sticking to ratDVD.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  3. FLIPOXP

FLIPOXP Member

Berry, already we could wait for a new version, I have been analyzing and my conclusion is that the creator of ratdvd has made another program to make money.
    Because the bookstores are but outposts that ratdvd but I complete, thus he is strange… I have been testing with fluxdvd and the truth that this but optimized and processes the all best one. And it works better with Windows average Player.
    The question is that it happens with ratDVD? now we must pay or that? the truth that the creator this not behaving anything well, in not giving explanations.
    The program to decode you can unload it here--> http://www.fluxdvd.com/pub_downloads/fluxDVD_1.0.853.exe
    aqui os dejo una demostración de un fluxdvd hecho por ellos mismos. Comprobad el funcionamiento vosotros mismos esperemos que pronto saquen un ratdvd parecido o mejor.
    http://www.fluxdvd.com/pub_downloads/oceans.fluxdvd

4. ryley_92

ryley_92 Member

Could anyone with the actual DVD to fluxDVD converter post the quality/time compared to the latest(last?) ratDVD release

5. Sleth

Sleth Member

I have went through about every part of the FluxDVD system, and I smell a Rat..... The only real noticable difference (Other then just an update) is the use of H.264 encoding of the video then it is wrapped back in a XEB file. You can still open the FluxDVD with Winzip the only noticable difference is main header file.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <versioninfo>
    <format>2</format> RatDVD <format>1</format>
    <core>1</core>
    <videoformat>HC</videoformat> RatDVD <videoformat>XC</video format>
    </versioninfo>

I am starting to believe that we where the ginipigs (Rat), in this guys big project. But that means it's still GPL and I can modify it to encode also.

6. FLIPOXP

FLIPOXP Member

If you want to make a project new, I collaborate in which is necessary, of good programming but it would not be possible much to be helped surely… I have low knowledge of programming… but never it is behind schedule… It gives rage me that the creator does not respond nor says anything. If you decide to do something to say to my in the forum and I hope that people animate themselves and between all we make a program better…

7. gogochar

gogochar Guest

Does downloading this program install any DRM?

8. Sleth

Sleth Member

No it does not install any DRM other than the one that runs inside of the file. But If you install FluxDVD, You will not be able to play RatDVDs until you reinstall rat again and so the other way.

I am still working on a way to work between the two systems and get the best of both worlds. So far I have managed to make the Audio work both ways but am still working on the Video.

9. mikesouth

mikesouth Member

sleth could you contact me?

Thanks

10. gogochar

gogochar Guest

I use to have respect for ratDVD's author. Now that he's turned to the dark side, he can tell the MAFIAA about all of our dirty little tricks. I hate it when this happens. "Money is the root of all evil." And look at him now. HAHAHA! You are a disgrace to the human planet! SlySoft cracked you in the skull, twice!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2006
  11. ryley_92

ryley_92 Member

From http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/6481.cfm
    "Well students from the university of Aarhus, Danmark and St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University "LETI", Russia yesterday released a new Compression format specifically geared towards the compression of complete DVDs without loss of any features or noticeable quality called ratDVD."

From http://www.fluxdvd.com/faq.html#general
    "FluxDVD is based on code and specification originally developed at Danish Aarhus University. To archive the DVD like quality and the original DVD sound, fluxDVD utilizes full resolution H.264 high profile video encoding and original Dolby AC-3 sound."

I guess that makes it official. It's a shame Aarhus didn't go open source originally.

12. FLIPOXP

FLIPOXP Member

By this same one for being a nonethical person the programmer of RatDVD and to make the FluxDVD we must take measures, I at the moment it is to think about not giving support to this format, I have an idea that is just like ratdvd but instead of with the format of ratdvd with the format *.divx already even exists a compatible serious structure and with the compatible reproducers of divx and also are going to appear reproductive of divx with the menus…. the idea is the same one that in addition to that it is possible to be turned of *.divx to dvd.

13. Pr0xiMUS

Pr0xiMUS Member

omg, dont blame the guy - he has done a very good job...

14. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

I agree with proximus. FluxDVD isn't in itself evil. It's a good stand alone product like ratDVD. The evil lies with purchasing fluxDVD's online that DO contain DRM. You can encode decrypted movies into fluxDVD's without DRM but I think people here know that.

15. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

I was thinking that perhaps the ratDVD forum title should be appended to ratDVD/fluxDVD since there is alot of discussion here about flux dvd as well or perhaps a seperate forum category for fluxDVD?

16. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

I wasn't aware that ACE doesn't openly distribute or sell the encoder for fluxdvd. You'd think that they would see the potential in sale or distribution to the general public.

17. ObeNone

ObeNone Guest

That will never happen. It's illegal in many countrys to pick the digital locks that bind our media. The content cartel can only produce FluxDVDs.

The market would be huge for ACE if they did sell it. The problem with that is the cartel could not control it. FluxDVD is just another avenue for them to try and sell us again a movie we already own.

18. tntuof

tntuof Member

Just reverse engineer the rest and put it to open development as promised by the author the first place!! ratDVD is to good to go to waste, or some MPAAs endlessly deep pockets..

19. tntuof

tntuof Member

Any updates? Still waiting patiently.. ^^

20. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

ACE can and should make the encoder available to the public. I'm sure that the encoder has some sort of password protection scheme for the DRM scheme. I've seen WinZIP and WinRAR files that are password protected distributed over the net. Only those (such as the file's creator) who know the password can make changes to the file(s). RatDVD & FluxDVD are kinda like WinZIP - All are file compression utilities.