1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAVEN SHIELD CD 2 PROBLEM TO BACKUP

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mohame, May 16, 2003.

1. mohame

mohame Guest

hi i bought the game raven shield ( ranbow six 3) and i wana back it up. im having big problems maybe cause my burner is odd i have a TEAC CD-W58E i think it 1 sheep ...
    i use alcohol put datatype safedisk 2 and then i dump it in a folder while dumpint it It keep Saying " Disc read error at: 1000 then it goes to 100000"keeps saying disc read error till like 1000000) Why The heck it does that? i had no error during dumping the first cd but the 2nd cd is safedisc 8+... Please help me throu out this i NEED the back up .. if there's another sofware to back suggest me one ( i tried diskdump it did same thing ) help = thanks

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Use the latest BlindWrite 4.4.0b
    http://www.blindwrite.com/

Be sure that "autorun" is enabled (Windoze)

Dump Ravenshield (cd 2) using "alternative read method" and "nibble" checked< read max.
    To burn, open BlindWrite
    >next>click start cd writing wizard. Click next and load the [bold] BWT [/bold] file NOT BWI file and load (cd 2)>next. Choose DAO pw mode and write max. I recently did a test on a "1 sheep burner" (LG 24x) and backed up Command& Conquer Generals (CD 1) and my backup [bold] played [/bold] in my Lite-On LTD 165H& Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD-Rom (yipee). Ravenshield cd1 has no cd protection I do believe?

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2003
  3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there,

@shoey

ravenshield i got it! on 1 sheep burner! plextor 12/10/32a !!!

BUT! first time iused the other file you said bwi i think? and it made a disc but it locks computer in every drive so i made it with the normal file that shows to load in blindwrite and WAMMY !! i got it!

now it wont load the game in cdrw/litty/plexy !! but plays in samsung dvd/cd

also tried autoplay installed to game and autoplay NOt installed to game on 2 discs and all tests the same NOT in cdrw's ???

not sure if blindwrite is letting it work in samsung drive - would it be emulating safedisc aswell as securom?

thx.......

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Be very [bold] thankful [/bold] that your Samsung could play the backup of Ravenshield m8.
    BlindWrite once again has "mastered" Safedisc 2.8.x-2.9.x again. it has been soo long since a "1 sheep" burner could backup Safedisc! I appreciate all the hard work and dedication you put into testing. Now we have to test whether the backup can play with BlindWrite uninstalled, Daemon Tools installed and see if the backup will play? Another test is to install InSecktors and see if the backup will play as well. So there you have it, [bold] proof
    [/bold] that a "1 sheep" burner can successfully backup Safedisk 2.8.x (Plexy 12x, LG 24x) burner.

Shoey :)