1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RavenShield & Hitman2 protection!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Rotary, May 10, 2003.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

can anyone verify what protection are on these 2 games for sure?

Thank you for this quick question!

thx..................

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

1) Hitman 2= SecuROM v4.83.11.0026
    Backup this game using the latest BlindWrite 4.4.0 and create or download a bwa file for this tough protection.
    2) Ravenshield= Safedisc 2.8.x
    Use the latest BlindWrite 4.4.0 to backup with your Litey and also try with your Plexy as a test. BlindWrite team claims this version will backup the latest Safedisc 2.8.x-2.9.x with a "1 sheep" burner (your Plexy) without emulation? See if you detect "pre-gap" in the dump or extraction read image process. I noticed "pre-gap" in Command& Conquer Generals, but no "pre-gap" detected on The Sims Unleashed or Sim City 4. Your Litey may detect the "pre-gap" on Ravenshield and your Plexy "may not". Please test Rotary.

Shoey :)

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hit there,

i got the plexy back in the tower! and got blindwrite installed and ready to go! will be fetching the games in about 2 hours or so....

i have never used this blindwrite so if you are on later shoey may need to confirm best write settings and read settings!

NOW? is it best to read games when coping from the best cdrw drive you have? or doesnt it matter? it only matters when writing the disc?

can i just copy all folders and files using explorer to desktop? or can i just get any type ISO and then copy? would explorer copy all needed info for cpoing later?

Also where would one get these BWA files from?

hey shoey do you have msn messenger at all?

Thx...

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    Just to let you know I read your pm and will reply soon :)First install Ravenshield from your original discs. Ok, lets start with backing up Ravenshield using BlindWrite Suite 4.4.0 and you'll burn to a cdrw first for testing purposes, then to a cd-r. After installing BlindWrite, open BlindWrite and click the icon to the left (dump image) and be sure that Ravenshield is in your Plexy. Click next and check authorize the use of alternative read method and image file format is BWT, BWI, BWS and save the image whereever you wan't to. Click next and choose nibble for exreaction method and set speed to max for both. While extracting the image please pay close attention and see if BlindWrite detects "pre-gap" and see if BlindWrite corrects and also take note on how many ecc errors there are (if any). After you've completed this task insert a cdrw and open BlindWrite and click the icon to the right.
    Click start cd writing wizard and click next.
    Bu sure up at the top your Plexy is checked and click next. Locate the image of Ravenshield (where you saved) and click next. Click next and choose DAO pw mode and write max. After you completed this try playing the backup (cdrw) with [bold] NO [/bold] emulation and besure if you have Alcohol 120% installed to uninstall before you try and play your backup.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i got 3 games to try!

now on ravenshield i only have disc 1 as the guy wants to play it so i only have the install disc! does this have the protection on it? i will get it in a few days!

i have hitman 2

and Age of Mythology what type of encrption would this be? is it safedisc? not tried clony just come on to answer you and get tips on coping which you kindly gave "on the ball shoey!"

ok off now tho play time!

talk later!

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi shoey!

ok i tried to load the only disc 1 i have and it needs disc 2 also so i cant load the game! first!

also on clony it says BAD SECTORS !!! is this safedisc 2.8 ??? or do i need to install the game for clony to read it all properly off hard drive ???

forgot i have MORROWWIND to what protedtion should this be ???

i'm trying age of mythology to see what that is now back in a mo!

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok done tests with CLONY!

MORROWIND IS SAFEDISC V2

AGE OF MYTHOLOGY IS SAFEDIS V2.7

HITMAN 2 IS SECUROM V4.84.00.0104

and ravenshield without installing the game says first disc is BAD SECTORS!

will try to get disc 2 for raven shield is v2.7 ok for our tests or is it known that it works with blindwrite?

i will try anyway on ravenshield your settings and see what happens?

bye for now!

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok used the settings you gave me! now not sure what the protection is on ravenshield first disc but it said BAD SECTORS in clony (GAME NOT INSTALLED TO TEST IN CLONY !!!)

ok the cdrw is EXCATLY the same it loads from plexy and stops at place disc 2 in to carry on!

i'm not sure what this tell me shoey so if you colud let me know it will help me get used to all this and what to look out for!

now i'm going to try hitman 2 securom!

BUT? can this disc be backed up and no need to use EMULATION so in effect get a PERFECT 1:1 copy? which will play in and cdrom or cdrw?

could you let me know on that please!

Thank you for your help!

Paul...

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

just tried HITMANT 2 and i cant get it to work?

i didnt know the settings so i just turned them off! excect for pw something? and made image and burnt it! it loads the game ok? but wont play in dvdrom or cdrw drives? with or without cloneCD hide cdr on or off?

also could anyone tell me what a BWA file is and i think i have one off a website in german? but how the hell do i use it? where do i stick it in?

HELP!!!!!

thx all bed time as i dont have a clue what i'm doing here? LOL.......

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there,

Ok, i think i have a PERFECT 1:1 copy of Hitman2 which is securom v4.84.00.0104

i read the tute by aldaco and i have a copy on cdrw i read it to disc at 4x speed and loaded the game from it and it plays!

Now my question is should i be able to play it from a CDRW drive? cos i am playing it and loaded it from my litty cdrw!

could some one let me know on this please? i have read somewhere that it is not possible to do this is it correct? help guidence on this

i dont have alcohol loaded i do have clonecd but i removed the icon in system tray before loading and playing the game!

Await your advice!

Thx.........

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    Backups of SecuROM 4.8.x& Safedisc 2 "should" be played from your Litey [bold] without [/bold] any emulation of any kind. You can easily defeat SecuROM 4.8.x with your Litey as BlindWrite 4.25 beat this cd protection not long ago. The reason for the BWA file and the creation of this image (play disc) is for roms that can't bypass the TwinSectors (tages) cd scheme of the SecuROM 4.8.x protected image.
    The "secure" method is to create an image of the SecuROM 4.8.x protected disc reading sub-q
    (without bwa file) and burn and label "install disc" and then to tuck a bwa file in the folder where you saved the image and burn and label "play disc". This doesn't apply to you Rotary as the Litey easily defeats SecuROM 4.8.x. My concern is that can a "1 sheep burner" (your Plexy) backup RavenShield using BlindWrite 4.4.0 and to be played in your Plexy without any emulation of any kind? The BlindWrite Team boasts that it is possible, so I've chosen you (hehe) to be the tester. This is why I ask to backup to a cdrw, then to a cd-r and post your results as to whether this can be accomplished. It would be "ground breaking news" if you can play a backup of Safedisc 2.8.x [bold] if the image has pre-gap [/bold] and you could play the backup in your Plexy without any emulation, even if you were successful with a cdrw.

Shoey :)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com
    Forum Rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    ------------------------------------------------
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR333
    HD: Maxtor ATA\133 80gi[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2003
  12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there shoey

thx for dropping in! i cant wait to try this out for you wtih the plexy! but the guy is still playing the game and he wont give me disc 2! how dare he play the game! LOL...

ok can we do any tests with the disc 1 ?

in clony it reads BAD SECTORS? is this correct? and not safedisc v2.8 ??

also on the hitman backup shoey i tried it again and in the litty and the samsung dvdrom it take 3 trys to start game??? whats that all about? 3 times on both! no emulation!

and shoey what is the best progarm to backup these?

MORROWIND = Safedisc v2

AGE OF MYTHOLOGY = safedisc v2.7

Thank you await your guidence! and as soon as i get that disc 2 i will test!

oh forgot on the hitman burn i didnt select this!

AUTHURISE THE USE OF ALTERNATIVE READ METHOD !

should i have chose that? is that the 3 clicks to start game problem?

EDIT= i also chose EXTRACT SUBCODES !!!!

thank you..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 512meg[/small]

Last edited: May 12, 2003
  13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    I recently tested the BlindWrite 4.4.0 backing up Unreal Tourny 2003 (SecuROM 4.8.x) and the backup played fine in my Polaroid BurnMAX48x drive so you can use the latest version for backing up SecuROM 4.8.x because I already know the backup will play in your Litey without any emulation. I read at other forums that RavenShield is Safedisc 2.8.x cd protected but I can't confirm this simply because I don't own the game. Maybe disc 2 is the Safedisc 2.8.x protected cd? Use BlindWrite 4.4.0 to backup both SecuROM& Safedisc protection (for now). Remember that you need to read sub-q for SecuROM and alternative read method for Safedisc 2. Be not concerned about downloading or creating a bwa file for SecuROM 4.8.x protected cd's. Some roms take awhile to 'spin up" when playing backups of SecuROM 4.8.x so did the backups work in your Litey without any emulation?

Best combo to backup Safedisc 2.9& SecuROM 4.8.x
    Lite-On LTD 163/165/166 DVD-Rom
    Lite-On LTR 52x CDRW
    (no questions asked)!

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi shoey,

firstly i cant any settings for sub-Q data? in blindwrite!

also so you say i can back up these:

MORROWIND = Safedisc v2

with BlindWrite and its the best programto do it?

i have padusdisjuggler latest version!

the hitman plays in the litty! and the dvdrom! and in the plexy! fine...

the game hitman works but didnt see any sub-Q setings??? where are they perhaps it was enabled by default somewhere?

thank you shoey for your help most kind!

on gamecopyworld ravenshield is safedisc/CD Checks what program is needed for CD CHECKS ???

thx...........

15. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    Sorry m8.BlindWrite settings (dump image)
    Safedisc: authorize the use of alternative read method
    SecuROM: Extract subcodes
    Burn image:
    DAO pw
    Try SAO cooked as an alternative for Safedisc 2.8.x-2.9.x (Plexy) if the backup won't play in your Plexy.

For now I recommend sticking with Alcohol 120% to backup Safedisc 2.8.x-2.9.x, Blindwrite Suite SecuROM 4.8.x Paddus DiscJuggler will get the job done, but a more "complex" burning program. Again, I wanna know if BlindWrite can backup Safedisc 2.8 with a "1 sheep burner" as the BlindWrite Team says this can be accomplished without any emulation.
    Laserlock, ProtectCD, CD Checks, use the latest BlindWrite 4.4.0.

Forum Rules^
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2003
  16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

thx,

also something else shoey, when i installed the blind write it asks something like use vso driver there own one! i am using it!

it says JUKKA PIOKline or something like that?

instaed of aspi layer i think?

so your saying blindwrite will back up these WITH NO EMULATION NEEDED???

MORROWIND = Safedisc v2

if so thanks and i will give them a ago!

-----------------------------------
    on ravenshield i will test all for you no problem just need the game disc 2 off the guy! as soon as i will post all info!! lets see if they can put there money where there mouth is ah!
    -----------------------------------

regards

Paul...

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok backed up...

hitman 2 - securom v4.84.00.0104 blindwrite to cdr works fine!

age of mythology - safedisc v2.7 - blindwrite to cdr works fine!
    (even downloaded patch to v1.5 still worked multiplayer!)

morrowind - safedisc v2 - blindwrite to cdr works fine!

all work NO EMULATION !!

thx shoey!

will get the ravenshield and try that in plexy 1 sheep burner ASAP!

P.......

18. Shoey

Shoey Guest

1) Use the latest Alcoholer 4.0 (includes ClonyXXL) that I just posted for all your settings for any copy protected cd.
    2) Use Alcohol 120% to backup Ravenshield using the Safedisc 2 datatype profile m8. Most LG (Lucky Goldstar), made by Hitachi are "2 sheep" burners and should easily backup Safedisc 2.8-2.9. I believe it is just disc 2 that is Safedisc 2 protected and if that is correct, you can burn disc 1 with any burning software program.

This won't work m8. Only way your gonna get a working backup is to use programs like Alcohol 120%, Blindwrite Suite, CloneCD, Gamejack just to name a few.

Forum Rules^
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2003
  19. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yes when the game starts it asks for the disc to check the protection (to see if cdr copy!) and not file integrity!

alls fine as long as you keep originals for loading if something goes wrong!

Thx..